• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Spearfishing in Halkidiki!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

MaxKuper

Jun 2, 2008
Hi everyone! It looks like I'll be spending my vacation with the family in Sani Beach Club in Kassandra, Halkidiki, GREECE. I heard that there some good spearfishing spots and people often land quality fish (sometimes even jacks and tunas)
Could you please recommend me some spearfishing spots outhtere or maybe some locals who I could contact with to find more precise info. I'll be there for two weeks and planning to take with me all the gear and depending on the info I can even take my gear for big game fish.

Basicly any info is more than welcome (kinds of fish, depth, where to go etc)

thanx in advance!!!

Hi everyone! It looks like I'll be spending my vacation with the family in Sani Beach Club in Kassandra, Halkidiki, GREECE. I heard that there some good spearfishing spots and people often land quality fish (sometimes even jacks and tunas)
Could you please recommend me some spearfishing spots outhtere or maybe some locals who I could contact with to find more precise info. I'll be there for two weeks and planning to take with me all the gear and depending on the info I can even take my gear for big game fish.

Basicly any info is more than welcome (kinds of fish, depth, where to go etc)

thanx in advance!!!
Good morning! Chalkidiki is a really crowded place, close to Thessaloniki a 1mn+ inhabitants, so I wouldnt expect too much of it...All time classic Sf spots are Cape Paliouri in the south of Kassandra and Porto koufo in Sithonia...I suggest you try contact the local sfers (from Thessaloniki) in a greek site like spearfishingforum.gr or greekdivers.com, they speak english too...
Safe diving!

Good morning! Chalkidiki is a really crowded place, close to Thessaloniki a 1mn+ inhabitants, so I wouldnt expect too much of it...All time classic Sf spots are Cape Paliouri in the south of Kassandra and Porto koufo in Sithonia...I suggest you try contact the local sfers (from Thessaloniki) in a greek site like spearfishingforum.gr or greekdivers.com, they speak english too...
Safe diving!

Thank you very much!!! Really appreciate it!

Safe diving!

i wanna go there someday ... !!

Chalkidiki is a peninsula with 3 “legs”.
The 3rd one called ATHOS starts with the small Ouranoupolis village on it’s west coast and with the Platy village on the opposite coast in Strymonikos Bay, about 10 km away from the village Ierissos. On this leg is situated the Holy Mountain but in that area spearfishing is forbidden by the local law. Spearfishing is also forbidden in Thermaikos Bay from Thessaloniki to the Village Posidi in the first leg. On the first leg at it`s very edge there is a place called Paliouri. Over there the sea bottom generally slopes gradually but in some other places the local mountains end up into the sea and the depth increases immediately.
The fishes are not so abundant there because of the industrial fishing and this is a very common phenomenon across the world, but in relation to the moon phases and the weather conditions you can find many big specimen over there.
The fishes that we are used to spear here are: groupers, red snappers (Dentex Dentex) , golden groupers, white breams, Amberjacks, Bluefish and some other small species.
About 7-8 miles off the coast of Paliouri, heading to Limnos island you will also have the chance to make your own luck hunting great tunas. Owning a boat is not necessary as there is plenty of choice to rent one. Btw, you can also use car rental in Chalkidiki. Koufo is a naturally closed and very deep bay protected from any kind of weather and in case you have a boat it is a unique place to anchor.
Porto Koufo and heading south east we will find so many places for spear fishing that 7 days of holidays won’t be enough. Of course inside the bay spear fishing is forbidden along with the south east side just out side of the bay.
The sea bottom here is much steeper and the depth just keeps on going !!! Sea currents are also hard sometimes and you always have to be cautious but whenever there is current fishes are there.
Big red snappers side by side with huge golden groupers will show up just below 20m depth. Never be hasty. Always wait because the bigger fishes come after the small ones. Between the 2nd and the 3rd leg there is an Island called Ammouliani that you can reach by a ferry leaving every 30min in summer time from Tripiti.
For the lucky ones who have a boat it’s a walk in the park, green and blue waters blend in a magnificent underwater landscape.
Many fishes like red snappers and golden groupers come to this island for summer vacations too.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT