• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Spearfishing in Oman

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

gladiator

Nov 5, 2006
I would greatly appreciate any info about speaerfishing in Oman. I am flying to Dubai in a couple of weeks and I was told that Oman is the place to be (for spearfishing that is)

Thanks

Gladiator

my understanding so far is that if you go by car you cant take your spearguns. however, if you take a boat to oman, then its all good.
places to be are:
-musandam
-salalah
-shweymia

g luck.

ps. im in qatar and trying to get some shore diving done. know any spots?

Hello Mishu:

Thanks for your reply. I was chatting with Island Sands she told me that it's not the right seasons these days in Oman. She told me to wait until November, and that's what we're going to do. I will ask for your experties when it's time again.

Best spots in Qatar are at Khor al Odaid. It's hard to give directions, but if go to Sealine Resort and ask any Qatari person just outside the resort how to get to Khor Al Odaid they'll be more than happy to help.
You definetly need a 4x4 to get there and watch out for the strong currents, but as far as fish size and quantity it's the best spot by far.

If you don't want to go that far, then you need to go to North Qatar, either to a spot called Kilometer 45 (about 45 min drive from city center) or all the way to the northen tip of Qatar (Madinet al Shamal)

Please let me know if you need more details and I'll be happy to help as much as I can.

Salam

Bashar

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…