• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Spearfishing in Portugal?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Gab

Aug 4, 2011
Hi all,

Mybspearfishing buddy and I are planning our next trip, will be short though (4 days).

We would really like to go to Portugal bit we are not sure where.

We also need to find someone with a Portuguese bank card to buy us a license in the bank machine as it doesn't offer to buy a license with a foreign card (we would give the money of course).

Any recommendations?

Thanks,
Gab

I was told at a dive shop that non residents don't need a license.

I eventially got an official reply from the responsible government office, they said that you need a license even as a tourist and explained how to do this on site and by email. The email version looks easy enough but seeing it took them a month to reply I would be afraid of transferring money without knowing when I will get the license...

I'll be in Algarve, Portugal the last 2 weeks of August. I have a Portuguese bank card that you are welcome to use (for the license ;-)).

Thanks for the offer, since it was so uncertain (that I would find someone) and my next trip is so short that I ended up deciding to go to France.

hello all,

i want ask you about similar thing. I will be in Portimao the last 2 week of July. Maybe someone can help me obtain a license for spearfishing?

If you have a Portugese Multibanc card you can do it at a Multibanc machine. You can get more info here DGRM web site, at the top of the page you can switch the page text to English.

If you have a Portugese Multibanc card you can do it at a Multibanc machine. You can get more info here DGRM web site, at the top of the page you can switch the page text to English.
No I don't have a portugese card. I was looking at the address of the office and pay there in cash. Can you tell me where I have to go?

I use a multibanc card. If you follow the link I posted above you can the latest info in Portugese or English.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT