• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

spearfishing in sardinia

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

davidpil

Apr 23, 2010
Hello
I´m going to Sardinia in august this year and i´m not sure if I need a licence for spearfishing over there. Are there any regulations except the marin parks?

By the way, I want to buy a new speargun. I have a mares phantom carbon 75 cm, but I think this gun is to small. I consider to buy the OMER Cayman Hf 110cm. Do you think this gun is ok for hunting in Sardinia? I have to admit that this would be my second holiday that I go spearfishing so I´m quite a noob. So if you can recommend a better gun to me, than do it :).

Greetings from Germany :)
David

Thank you spaghetti.
I just found the sardinia threat :)
I see you are one of the ecperienced spearfishers in this board.

Hi David, where abouts in Sardegna are you going and how deep do you dive? your gun choice might be affected quite a lot by these things.

Hi
I will travel to the north of Sardina. My flight goes to Alghero and from there we will drive along the coast. It is not clear for the moment where exactly we will go. But it is for shure that we will stay in the north of sardinia.
About the depth that I dive, I only can say that I am not going to dive deeper than 15 meters.

regards
david

Hi David, where abouts in Sardegna are you going and how deep do you dive? your gun choice might be affected quite a lot by these things.

Johnny you're right. Anyway I think that if he brings on a 75 and a 110 he may be geared up quite appropriately for any situation.
I'd also add in a short Omer Tempest 50 pneumatic or Mares Ministen with 3 pronger tip, for weed and hole shooting: an octopus, or an eel, or a fat brown meagre still makes a great dinner!

Reactions: Jonny250
David, I'm no expert but can offer you the benefit of my 2 weeks holidays there; on the north coast, I would recommend trying north and east of isolla rossa. To the west of that is mainly big long sandy beaches... all of that area will be a car-parking nightmare. I do recommend costa paradiso, but maybe you will need to get there by boat (hire a rib) as it will be very busy.
Spag is right (of course!), a 110 gun would be good too.

Reactions: spaghetti
Thanks for your replys. So i buy a Omer Cayman Hf and a Tempest. Do you think the Omer Cayman Carbon is better tha the normal Hf?

Jonny, how was your holiday in sardinia? Did you shot good fish or octopus?

David, we had an awesome holiday although lots of strong Mistral wind, but I saw very few fish of any size. i mainly used it as an excuse to enjoy some dives in the super-clear water. I dont go very deep (14m was the max) so perhaps i was limited in what i saw.

You don't need a license, but you need a float or buoy with diveflag (the regular flag is orange-red with oblique white strip).
The 110 is ok. Bring on both your two guns and keep the spare one clipped on the float.

Plenty of Sardinia talk in this thread: http://forums.deeperblue.com/mediterranean/76812-sardinia-spearfishing.html
Hey Spaghetti
Really we do not need to have licence as foreign spearfisher in Sardinia ? Because i found this:

"Sardinia laws :

Spearfishing license: You have two possibility:
*via FTPS (Fédération tunisienne de peche sportive) .it costs 12 EUR and it lasts till the end of a year.
*via the regional office of agriculture. it cost 35 EUR.

Restrictions: Only freediving method of fishing is allowed and you can use speargun only in daytime. Caught fish can not be sold. When spearfishing you must use buoy that is connected to your body to signal your location. There is a daily limit in weight of 5 kg caught organisms including one single organism over 5 kg. The use of torch is forbiden. Foreigners can't use boats. You must be more than 16 years old.

Restricted areas: 500 m around public beaches. 200 m around ports, channels.

Protected areas are:

Islands of Zembra

Island of Zembretta

Protected fish: Species totally forbidden in spearfishing are grouper (Epinipulus sp).
Seasonal protected species are: Octupus 15.11. – 15.05.

It is also forbidden to catch fish smaller than:

- Mediterranean spearfish-marlin : 100cm
- Diplodus sp. 11cm
- Seabass20cm
- Solea 20cm
- Mugil 20cm
- Dentex 22cm
- Orata 20cm
- Pagellus 12cm
- Lampuka 30cm
- Scorpionfish 15cm
- Scorpeana 19cm
- Boops 20cm
- Anguilla 30cm
- Raja sp 40cm
- Common bream 20cm
- Stripped bream 15cm
- Bluefish 22cm
- Amberjack 30cm
- Mackerel 12cm
- Scomber 20cm
- Lichia 40cm
- Tuna : 6,4 Kg
- Octopus : 1 Kg

freshwater:

- (barbus callensis) 15cm
- (sandre) 20cm
- (Scardnius erythrophtalmus) 10cm
- (Stizosteidion enciopera) 28cm
- (Rutilus rubilio) 12cm
- (Silurus gleania) 30cm
- Blackbass 25cm"

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT