• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Spearfishing in Spain

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

mundial

love to hunt in silence
Dec 17, 2004
i am going for one week working in Spain
i need to know where can i go on spearfishing?
i need a place that starts shallow & getting deep
That i won’t need a boat to go from
Any suggestions?
South Spain or Galicia?
Where exactly & when the time is better in bee twin April to June
i also need to know where in spain i can find shop or dealers for spearfifhing
equipment

Mundial, where exactly will you be working? There's generally more fish in Galicia or if you go to the South of Spain head to Gibraltar where the Atlantic is, definitely more fish than in the Med areas, but the conditions are harder. You'll also have a good time i nthe Med as well depending on the place, not so much fish but clearer and calmetr waters. The weather in April can be pretty rainy in the north .

Adrian

hey I'm also interested in this, I think I'll be in spain sometime in june - travelling with my g'friend and some mates, so its critical for me I find a great spot to drink AND spear in :D !

gibraltar/atlantic sounds cool, I hadn't thought about that - I kind of like rough conditions, especially if it means more fish!

hola Adrian
i will be working in Madrid & Barcelona for 3 days my stay will be aprox 10 days
i belive i prefer the calm clear wother:t

hi Mundial,

great !! we live near BCN 180km north. lots of fish around closer to June, stay in touch, we will try and hook up with you :)

Wow i am waiting:friday
very kind of you guys you are :king

just one question
do i need 3 mm open cell or 5 mm in this time of the year?
what speargun to use? 115 carbon 7 mm shaft! or 90 6.5 shaft
actualy i was thinking of buying a new OMER speargun in spain
do you know where can i buy one ( EXCALIBUR 3000 )
http://www.omersub.es/catalog/spearguns/p16.html

Hi Mundial,

bring your 5mm suit complete, and 3mm pants ( 3mm jacket if you have room )

check out www.subprof.com for your EX 3000 they are based here in Spain inbetween BCN and Us.

Bring your 115 :martial for dentex

and your 90 for Meros :martial

you will need a Spainish licence and 3rd party insurance too....

buy a certified medical certificate from an Estanco ( 3,48euros) ( shop that sells tabaco) then go to a doctor and get him to check you out for pescasubmarina (20euros), he must write on the certificate " APTO PARA HACER PESCA SUBMARINA" then you must go to a Ramaderia office. i think it is called, where they issue licences to farmers, fisherman (13 euros), etc.. every small town will have one.

If you can get as much of this done before you get to us it will save a lot of time.

:)

Hi Mundial!!

Spearfishing near or in Gibraltar is amazing, have a look at my thread!

.....Question "big Balls Of Fish And Predators" ...

hey greendiver,

hows it going ? :)
when are you coming back to the costa brava ???

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT