• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Spearfishing in Sussex

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

seasquirt

Apr 24, 2006
I was hoping to get some advice on good spots to go spearfishing in the sussex area [im based just outside London] ive heard bognor rocks is good. Im fairly new to spearfishing so not all that clued up on where to go, chears.

Welcome to DB mate! I work in Windsor and live about 15 miles away from there. Bognor is great but follow Glowworm's link to see more. The other place which is not a bad drive from where you are is Newhaven; fish the outer arm of the harbour! As a new Dad i'm housebound but maybe later in the year we can car share. Good luck.

Welcome seasquirt , I've been fishing here one and a bit seasons so still finding my way around ( last year was bad for vis' ) . Spaniard knows what he's talking about ( unlike me ) , so you know his advice is good .
Bognor's a nice place to fish , tends to have better vis' than further East , it's a fare swim out to the reef and the A27 can be a nightmare .
Brighton Pier is popular and can be good , parking is expensive and the beach gets busy in summer .
I quite like Seaford but vis' was not good last year .
For much better info' read back though Sussex Reports , you will get some idea of what's around at certain times of the year .
Good luck ! Maybe we'll bump into each other sometime .

chears for the help guys, ive got a few good leads to follow now, how far is the swim to bognor rocks? Spaniard if you ever need a lift, i live in windsor, your more than welcome for a lift when you have a chance. Going to look into seaford and newhaven. Thanks again.

Bognor rocks. Depends on which bit you dive, inner reef, rocks are right of the beech, outer reef some bits can take an hour, hell of a swim back when you have been out there for 5-6 hours.

Kev

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT