• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

spearfishing in the UAE.

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Ghassan

Oct 28, 2012
hi all , i am kinda new to spearfishing but it's all i do on weekends for the past few months , the problem is i still didnt catch something to call a catch .
part of that is me being unexperienced but the major part is where i spear , i always go to sharjah mamzar beach its nice there but iam sure there are better places can anyone help me by pointing a new place suitable for spearfishing ... by the way iam using a beuchat 70 cm long and the store where i bought it said that its size 45 what does he mean ?
and is it good or should i go for a bigger one ..... any help is most appreciated :)

ask salah he is one of the active member in this forum ,for me I just bought the diving equipmeching for some one to practice with him

well i guess sometimes you have to facilitate it for somepeople in order to urge them into coming along and what you did was super lol ....
ill look for salah and i hope he can help ... thanks alot

by the way, are you staying in the uae as well ?

i have been thinking about going there i am sure its great but , is there a certain place there that you have tried spearing at ?

i am not trained as well but, i think the best training is trying and trying ...

i am going to give Ajman a try if i had time this friday and i hope it would be better than Sharjah beach...

and thanks alot for the tip ....:)

Hi guys,

My name's Jean and I live in Dubai.

I did a few dives @ Jumeirah public beach....but with no big result.

Would you like to go for a little fishing trip this Saturday or next week?

I heard from a spot near Sheraton JBR, but was never there.

Looking forward to reading from you soon.

BR,

Jean

You should personal message (PM) Salehthefish. He's an upstanding guy on the forum, has lots of knowledge, familiar with the area and rules...and builds guns. He posts pictures of great harvests. :D When I get to come over from the states some day he's taking me out to dinner. rofl

Hi,

Thank you for your post.

I did get in touch with him, and indeed, he's giving nice and useful advices.

J.

Hi Dears,

I work in Oman where you can not find any spear fishing equipment :( Unless the Gulf, here is a kind of spear fishing heaven, we are using hand made hawaian slings to hunting but for the big games we need proper spear guns. I will be appreciated if you guys give me some shops contact details in UAE so we can visit and get some.
Thanks in advance...

every where in the city so many shops but you need to check internet to the best prices before to come here so when buy you will know the accurate prices also do you know the best time of crabbing (months,low/high tide ,day or night )
?

Hi there,

might be disappointing but around Dubai shore diving is not a good option, you are better off with a boat.

your 70 will be enough for small Jesh and sha3m, but you will be better off with a 90. for offshore spearing from 100 to 120.

another thing, don't dive alone !

Sid

Thanks for the tips fellas. Let me know if you remember any shop name or their web site links.

Cheers

Thanks for the tips fellas. Let me know if you remember any shop name or their web site links.

Cheers
Hi Barish,
It really depends on what you want to buy.There is Parcuda shop on Shaikh Zaid RD.
I always go to JBR you can join me any time.

Hi all of you!

my name is Robert, new here in Dubai. I am a very experience spearfisher from Spain and I am looking to find some to go with me for some great spearfishing. Dont now the area so I will need lots of advice. Got all my free diving gear with me, what I dont do is go with people that do this sport using scuba equipment.
I hope to hear from you,

saludos, Robert

tomorrow i am going to spearfishing to Dibba Port! Can anyone give some advice where to jump into the water,
THX

Hi Barish,
It really depends on what you want to buy.There is Parcuda shop on Shaikh Zaid RD.
I always go to JBR you can join me any time.

Hi,
I will visit Baracuda shop in first week of March, thank you. JBR?

I am really keen on trying some of the dubai spots. I don't have a boat so any recommendations?

hi all , i am kinda new to spearfishing but it's all i do on weekends for the past few months , the problem is i still didnt catch something to call a catch .
part of that is me being unexperienced but the major part is where i spear , i always go to sharjah mamzar beach its nice there but iam sure there are better places can anyone help me by pointing a new place suitable for spearfishing ... by the way iam using a beuchat 70 cm long and the store where i bought it said that its size 45 what does he mean ?
and is it good or should i go for a bigger one ..... any help is most appreciated :)[/quote

where you dive now ?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT