• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Spearfishing Location around Victoria, BC

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

tayden123

Sep 6, 2012
Hi Everyone,

I just started spearfishing and live in Victoria, BC, Canada and am looking for some tips on locations close to the city where I could legally spear and find some decent sized fish. I don't have access to a boat, so any locations would have to be accessible from the shore.

I've heard that 10 mile point can be good but that the currents there can be quiet strong. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Taylor

Everything around the city is closed to fishing, or catching invertebres while diving. You have to go up to North Sidney(Sattelite channel) or Sooke.

I sent you a PM, I'm diving on Monday, and again later in the week, if you can make it I'd be happy to show you where I fish.

Sorry to jump in, but I have also just taken up the sport, and I am also in Victoria, BC ... Sooke, to be exact.

I have been limited by an extreme lack of time and experience, but I am hoping that I will have a chance to get out a few times before the season ends. Anyone on the forum who wants to try and get together for a shore dive/fishing expedition ... freedive or scuba ... I would very much like to hear from you.

I have explored a spot recently which I think might be promising, and any suggestions for more would also be appreciated.

Good luck and be safe.

Hey guys, just found this post. I lived in Hawaii four years ago and spearfished frequently. I just got my guns shipped over and I would like to meet up with some of you guys to freedive. I have a boat as well. It has recently list some power and I just spent the weekend trying to fix it but I would love to get back into the sport. I would be open to doing something this weekend.
I

Hey, just signed up today.. wanted to get together with some peeps for some spearfishing. Anyway, I'm in Vic so buzz me if u want to go spearing etc.

Cheers,

Charlie
778-977-6122

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…