• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

spearfishing mask

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

ygy

Aug 9, 2015
hi
have problem with mask it leak
have narrow slim face with big nose channel

now have mares star

please suggestion for some mask to fit my face

re. nose
The venerable Omer Alien (~£18-£24, no mask box) has a strange, fairly small, upturned nose pocket - presumably designed for Michael Jackson. Despite that, it fits both myself & my son reasonably well, and we don't have small, upturned noses.
omer-alien.jpg

e3c55c_e3f3096c44a14ebeb4991fd4b6407280.jpg

I think the newer models are less shiny:
omer-alien-masks_10bbdbd1-4091-410d-a411-4eb7f71eeb59_1024x1024.jpg

I think there are better masks available now but these are sometimes sold cheaply now.

I currently use & like the Aqualung Technisub Micromask (~£32 inc. plastic mask box). I put it on and forget about it. I am quite impressed - both figuratively and literally (it leaves a deep mask print in my face!). It is designed for a much narrow face than mine.

Price went up recently on Amazon but I expect it will go down again in the Black Friday sale, later this year, if you can wait that long.

Amazon product
BTW I clip my snorkel into one of the back-of-head lower mesh straps. Odd but seems to work for me.

The Sporasub mask sounds interesting to me, despite the small lenses the field of view is supposed to be exceptionally good:
mystic01_head.jpg

There are other more modern masks available too. Hopefully other forum members will enlighten us.

Last edited:
BTW The differences between the various masks seems quite subtle to me.

Also, it is important that you remove silicone from the inside of the masks when new. Definitely for Aliens which have a deserved reputation for fogging up badly when new but also for the Aqualung Technisub Micromask. I use a lighter, which has the benefit of showing the silicone burning off the glass.

Last edited:
I Recommend Salvimar Noah or the newer generation of it called Salvimar Morpheus. Good prices as well.

Reactions: Mr. X
Hi, I feel your pain, when i starting diving 5 years ago I went through about 4 masks, someone leant me an Oceanic shadow mask, I’ve never had a problem since, I to have a long narrow face
The neoprene strap is excellent as well
It’s not the cheapest and i replaced the strap about twice as they stretch over a couple of years
https://www.simplyscuba.com/products/oceanic-shadow-mask

I Recommend Salvimar Noah or the newer generation of it called Salvimar Morpheus. Good prices as well.

I can second the Noah. Great field of view, comfortable and fits lots of faces.

I think Beaver used to make/sell a single lens mask similar to that, sometimes available at a keen price.

Hollis M1, its sold as a scuba mask but does excellently for spearfishing and is really forgiving of face types and sizes. Tough as old boots and of excellent quality, but and there's always a but, it is on the pricey side, however out of all the masks i've tried, its by far the most fit it and forget it mask. (y)

Hollis M1, its sold as a scuba mask but does excellently for spearfishing and is really forgiving of face types and sizes. Tough as old boots and of excellent quality, but and there's always a but, it is on the pricey side, however out of all the masks i've tried, its by far the most fit it and forget it mask. (Y)

Reactions: Pinniped72
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT