• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Spearfishing mediterranean

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

las_dudas

Aug 26, 2009
Hi Everybody,

We are planning a spearfishing and freediving trip with some friends for about 8 days at the end of next month to the mediterranean. Because we've only been to Spain for spearfishing (4 times the same place) I would like some suggestions on other mediterranean countries. Also, because there are a couple of guys new to spearfishing and freediving, we prefer shallow water.

Hope anyone can help us.

if you want european then Spain, France, Italy and Croatia

I heard Corsica is supposed to be great, but I was there last summer (no boat) and no good spots are reachable with car

if you want european then Spain, France, Italy and Croatia

I heard Corsica is supposed to be great, but I was there last summer (no boat) and no good spots are reachable with car

Thanx for the advice but I've already planned the trip. We're heading to Lanzarote, so no mediterranean but maybe later. You've got any experience on the Canary Islands?

nope sorry but our national freediving record holder dived there some times and caught some baracudas and palamides (dunno if this is the correct engilish word)

but he hunts in the 20m area, and that's not my reach yet :D

Hello,

I am going to the Canari Island in Gran Canaria soon end of November. If you have been could you please let me know your experience there and if you have some contacts?

Greatly apreciated.

Many thanks

Adeline

i dont mean to confuse you where to go but you may try the Adriatic sea either from italy or croatia.

Hello,

I am going to the Canari Island in Gran Canaria soon end of November. If you have been could you please let me know your experience there and if you have some contacts?

Greatly apreciated.

Many thanks

Adeline

I'll certainly let you know. leave next week so hold on just a few more days ;)

i dont mean to confuse you where to go but you may try the Adriatic sea either from italy or croatia.

I just got back 2 days ago from a trip to Italy. Not the Adriatic sea but the Tyrrhenian sea. Beside being a beautiful county, the spearfishing was quite good over there though it wasn't the best time of the year for spearfishing. shot some big spigola's and other fish.
I'm leaving next week to lanzarote and I'm just hoping for warmer temperatures.

Anyways, whats so special about the Adriatic sea according to you? Heard you have to go quite deep

Greetz

Last edited:
I just got back 2 days ago from a trip to Italy. Not the Adriatic sea but the Tyrrhenian sea. Beside being a beautiful county, the spearfishing was quite good over there though it wasn't the best time of the year for spearfishing. shot some big spigola's and other fish.
I'm leaving next week to lanzarote and I'm just hoping for warmer temperatures.

Anyways, whats so special about the Adriatic sea according to you? Heard you have to go quite deep

Greetz

i have dove in the adriatic a couple of times. my experience with the fish was overwhelming. maybe thats whats attracting me there.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT