• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Spearfishing Pico Island

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Hello,
J'ai encore recherché ce que pouvait être ce requin... malgré la mauvaise qualité de l'image...
ce serait plutôt un requin des galapagos (C galapengensis)
en raison des pelviennes et anales noires et une bordure posterieure des pectorales sombre... la ldorsale aussi n'est pas aussi reculée que chez C falciformis...
mais ????????
I still researched what this shark could be ... despite the poor quality of the image ...
it would rather be a galapagos shark (C galapengensis)
due to the black pelvic and anal muscles and a dark posterior border of the pectorals ... the ldorsal also is not as far back as in C. falciformis ...
But ????????
1618742454425.png

It is in all probability a blue shark. Currently they are observed at about 90 minute boat drive from Pico (PAB is in 3 hours).

I think it's a C. galapagensis
= galapagos shark ... yes it is possible on a submarine mount near islands

Interesting conversation. I thought, the shark´s head wasn´t sharp enough for a blue shark.

I have not yet read about Galapagos sharks beeing seen in the Azores. It is always the Blue or Mako or Hammerhead sharks. Still wondering...

I have not yet read about Galapagos sharks beeing seen in the Azores. It is always the Blue or Mako or Hammerhead sharks. Still wondering...
I know that sharks ate my amberjacks on a float! It happened in Faja do Ouvidor on Sao Jorge. Well, only heads were left on the stringer and i was told only sharks could do such a damage!

I know that sharks ate my amberjacks on a float! It happened in Faja do Ouvidor on Sao Jorge. Well, only heads were left on the stringer and i was told only sharks could do such a damage!
it is present on oceanic islands and quite aggressive ... Princess Alice's bank can be a good habitat for him... sorry for your amberjack

Thanks a lot for your advices! Just got the windy.app, it looks pretty good to me. And yeah, I definitely wanted to rent a car. Still looking to find an affordable rental company. Cheers

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT