• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Spearfishing red deer

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Map

Attachments

• Twin.PNG
    Twin.PNG
    231.3 KB · Views: 264
Thanks for the advice man! One of the best things about spearfishing is how welcoming the community is. Hope you can make it out with us. I will let you know how it goes if I don't see you out there.

Reactions: 403Jeeping
Awesome day on Saturday at West Twin. Big thanks to Erik for the tip! Great vs - up to 15-20 ft at times. HUNDREDS of perch was not an exaggeration either! The burbot were out too and we went home with plenty of both. Will head out there again for sure!

Reactions: 403Jeeping and Erik
Anyone heading out anywhere this weekend? Let me know, I'd love to join!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

For a minute there, i thought you were hunting red deer with a speargun.......:p

Hi guys , who is going to spearfish around Calgary in Aug-Sep? I would like to join

Any freedivers/spearfishers on this thread still active? I'm new to freediving and based in Edmonton, would like to meet up and dive if anyone is interested

I'm based out of Calgary. Haven't been out by reddeer yet but might be interested in meeting up.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

I'll be in Calgary this weekend for stampede, but maybe can do some diving saturday or sunday morning if you're free. Do you know any good spots around Calgary?

I know a couple but as of last week they still had low visibility. Only abut 1foot.

But I'm expecting that to change it the next week or two.

Always around here in Calgary and always up for a dive. Vis is pretty bad right now (as are the regulations in Alberta), but hopefully at least one of those things will change soon!

Do you know any good spots out north of Calgary. Was going to take the boat out that way in August for the long weekend. Haven't really thought that far ahead.

Up here around Calgary there are a few good places to go.

Bearpaw Dam once it's cleaned up is a good one but it's a long float and swim back to the vehicles. Mostly private land along the banks but there is a boat launch one can pull out and park a vehicle at.

Bow River around fish Creek park has some good hunting grounds once clear.

Elbow river has some good hunting grounds as well once it's cleaned up

Always around here in Calgary and always up for a dive. Vis is pretty bad right now (as are the regulations in Alberta), but hopefully at least one of those things will change soon!
Where abouts have you been out in Calgary area as of late? You wouldn't be Cody by chance?

Always Interested in hooking up with some diving buddies. Weekends I'm usually busy on the lake with the family boating. But during the week after work in the evenings I like to sneak out after work.

If your interested in hooking up for a dive let me know.

No not Cody. In calgary itself I have gone in the reservoir and the bow but they aren't fantastic. West twin lake northwest of here is a great dive. Probably my favorite in Alberta so far. Looking at heading out to sask at some point here to check it out.

I was thinking about going diving Sunday at West twin lake if anyone wants to join. I'm also open to exploring new areas if anyone has any good spots

Interesting thread! If anyone is still active on these forums I host a Facebook page Spearfishing Saskatchewan/Alberta. Descent # of members but always looking to grow with like minded people. Also if anyone is planning dives in the coming year hit me up, spearing or freediving is all good.

anybody still here, i'm in central alberta in experienced but getting back into snorkle/freediving and wanting to spearfish, would like to meet others in the area to team up with

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT