• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Spearfishing Trip to Vancouver Island BC Summer 2021

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

stpierrejeff82

Jul 10, 2020
Aloha, my dive crew and I would like to plan a speafishing trip to Vancouver Island BC next Summer. We would have up to 4 people in our group. We live Big Island, Hawaii. My girlfriend and I are novice and our other buds are advanced. My girlfriend and I have minimal blue water experience but are open to all conditions. We usually hunt shallow at 10 meters and our buddies hunt 20 to 30 meters. We shore dive primarily, although we would be open to renting a boat while in Canada. My parents live in Nanoose Bay, BC near Parksville and my Uncle lives near Victoria. We primarily dive East Big Island so we are comfortable in potentially challenging water conditions. I appreciate your help. We are also open to areas near both BC Ferry terminals to Van Is. We definitely want to get Lingcod and rockfish but our more able divers in our group would like try Halibut (I understand they live deep) and we all want crab/shellfish. We would like to come June or July and would appreciate if you all steer us towards the best month and best spots for Vancouver Island, especially Nanaimo area.

Mahalo for your time.

Aloha, my dive crew and I would like to plan a speafishing trip to Vancouver Island BC next Summer. We would have up to 4 people in our group. We live Big Island, Hawaii. My girlfriend and I are novice and our other buds are advanced. My girlfriend and I have minimal blue water experience but are open to all conditions. We usually hunt shallow at 10 meters and our buddies hunt 20 to 30 meters. We shore dive primarily, although we would be open to renting a boat while in Canada. My parents live in Nanoose Bay, BC near Parksville and my Uncle lives near Victoria. We primarily dive East Big Island so we are comfortable in potentially challenging water conditions. I appreciate your help. We are also open to areas near both BC Ferry terminals to Van Is. We definitely want to get Lingcod and rockfish but our more able divers in our group would like try Halibut (I understand they live deep) and we all want crab/shellfish. We would like to come June or July and would appreciate if you all steer us towards the best month and best spots for Vancouver Island, especially Nanaimo area.

Mahalo for your time.
Hi! I live up BC, Canada and have been involved in Spearheading trips around Telegraph Cove. I would reccommend joining the Facebook group "WestCan Spearos" and chatting with some locals. Sorry for the late message. If you have completed your trip, how did it go?
Brie

Greetings Harpoon fishing is an amazing experience, especially on Vancouver Island in British Columbia! If you are flying to NYC and need transportation from Laguardia Airport, I recommend taking a cab. Here's a helpful link to a website where you can order a cab in advance and avoid the lines: https://atobtransfer.com/usa/laguardia-airport-taxi-transfer/. I wish you a pleasant trip and good fishing!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT