• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Spearfishing trip

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

isaac hunt

Dec 9, 2004
I am hoping to organise a spearo trip for a small group of us next year.

We're all from the UK and want either a long weekend or week long trip. Something a bit different from the usual UK spearfishing.

Not too expensive, possibly somewhere warmer, good vis, cheap beer, one or two fish would be an advantage, maybe a boat for hire or charter. You get the general idea.

Has anybody got any advice or experience?

Cheers

Isaac

Heres a shameless plug for me

http://www.gonetobaja.com

We specialize in spearfishing expeditions for 4 days to the Enchanted Islands in the northern Sea of Cortez. The trip leaves from San Diego CA, USA and from there we head down into Baja CA.

Cheap Beer? got that :friday

We actually spend the night on the big island in the chain.

You have to time it on the Dead tide because it makes the vis better. Alot of Snapper and Grouper to hunt. Also we provide all of the camp gear, meals,boats,hotels,transportation, and Riffe hunting equipment.

You just bring your freedive gear(I have wieghts)

Be aware that this is a real expedition and we go out to places where there is no rescue patrol or even people for that matter. Not a trip if you are looking for somewhere with a spa.(although we do have some nice hot springs!). Due to the location and remoteness of the expedition we can only accomadate 4 divers in the group.

I myself am leaving next thursday for a 4 day new years trip so I can shoot off some rockets and drink pacificos in the middle of nowhere.

Had some customers from london once and they had a great time.
Have a great trip!
GTB

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT