• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Spearfishing wrecks UK

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Hi surfnspear,
I understand the inherent risks with the wrecks and of course the bubblers are bound to make it awkward, but I can't help my curiosity and think I'll have to quench it at some point anyway..
Though i cant go wrong taking advice from the only man to spear a tuna in the uk!
I'm by no means ignoring the search for good shore/reef marks, but wrecks just spike my interest, and even if I have an all too familiar blank dive I think I'll enjoy the experience regardless.
Thanks for the input, appreciated all the same- hope to see some more epic catches from you this year!
Cheers

Hi Massin, I would humbly suggest you might be better rewarded putting in the hard research on the good reef/shoreline spots. Building up a solid foundation of experience over years is all part of the fun and obviously there are no shortcuts. The wrecks can be interesting but I'm not sure they are particularly worth the focus. I have dived wrecks in the past including a couple of the Devon wrecks from boat and I'd say I take more from other spot experience.
There are the obvious risks of wreck spearing/checking under the plates, but I would have to say bubblers might just take the fun right out of a whole session for you and care not for democracy, or first come first serve under the ocean!
Anchor rope cutting is much fun for them on their mass arrival at 8am!
Have a good one.

We know all about that dont we ????:vangry

can anyone teckkie advise regarding getting marks from wrecksite eu onto my chart plotter?I have a lowrance LMS300 greyscale with Navionics classic chart in it. If you imput marks manually into the plotter it takes forever! Dave T had advised saving the marks to memory stick and putting them through GPS babel to convert them from universal csv file to Lowrance user.I tried this but when i put the memory stick into the Lowrance it doesnt recognise the info.Any ideas?

Sorry I've not used lowrance. I know that on a simrad you can scroll the cursor to a point on the chart with the lat and long in figures on the side and click to enter a position then name the plotted mark. Maybe try that.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT