• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

spearfishing

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

neale crawford

neale crawford
Jul 6, 2007
Hi my name is Neale Crawford and i,m a spearo from england and was wandering if there is anyone in the area of playa del carmen mexico ,that could give me any info about the area , or even take me out spearing there .i,m there from the 5 th feb 2014 for 2 weeks holiday .i have dived mexico before round the la paz area great fishing very keen thanks

Use Javi at Arpon spearfishing (on the internet) He will get you on the fish everytime
Thanks Peter have you been out with him ,I have already emailed him ,he got some great photos of the area , and has just said let him no when I arrive.sounds good ,what's the normal cost of his trip do you have any idea.sorry I didn't, ask where you are from .thank mate ,happy hunting

Thanks Peter have you been out with him ,I have already emailed him ,he got some great photos of the area , and has just said let him no when I arrive.sounds good ,what's the normal cost of his trip do you have any idea.sorry I didn't, ask where you are from .thank mate ,happy hunting
Yes I did early December. We had pretty rough weather at that time but it was a great trip (4 hrs). The cost is $120 per hunter and you need 2 but I was put together with other people so the cost was only $120.00 (plus tip if you want to) He used to be able to pick you up from your resort but now I believe he is no longer allowed to. So if you are staying in Playa no problem if not you need a taxi so ask him for the address where the boat is at, sorry I forgot. Stay for the fish fry after. That was incredible.I am from Alberta Canada and I am looking forward to doing it again next December, We were booked for another trip with Javi but we got very sick and I did not have the energy to do it again. He has all the gear. Suits, fins, mask but I wished I had my own snorkel.

Yes I did early December. We had pretty rough weather at that time but it was a great trip (4 hrs). The cost is $120 per hunter and you need 2 but I was put together with other people so the cost was only $120.00 (plus tip if you want to) He used to be able to pick you up from your resort but now I believe he is no longer allowed to. So if you are staying in Playa no problem if not you need a taxi so ask him for the address where the boat is at, sorry I forgot. Stay for the fish fry after. That was incredible.I am from Alberta Canada and I am looking forward to doing it again next December, We were booked for another trip with Javi but we got very sick and I did not have the energy to do it again. He has all the gear. Suits, fins, mask but I wished I had my own snorkel.
Thanks Peter Can you spearfish anywhere along the coast by your self I will book a couple of trips with Javier but I,m the only spearfisher in our group so just looking To go along ,had some great fish last year in la Paz got some good photos Facebook got some movie on youtube just type in neale Crawford Spearfishing let me no what you think cheers mate

Neale,
The only thing I know is that you need a fishing license. For sure if you are diving of a boat but I thought you did not need one just walking of the beach. You will have to ask Javi.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT