• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

speargun for a lil lady

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Im sure the mouse pad is perfect but Id need to roll it up to shove it between my boobs :eek: to stop them being squashed, I just cant load my gun any other way and it dont half hurt if I get it wrong and I yank those bands :naughty OUCH!! So I, or we, need somthing to stop the suit squashing them! :girlie now that IS a girl thing xx

Reactions: bobbybuttr
put mouse pad on your abs if your boobs does not cover them:D

sorry i couldn't resistrofl

Amphibious, I can tell where you spend most time on the internet :t I already shop there and they dont so I'll stick with my lump of rolled up rag
:cool:

Reactions: w3ac
I personally think it’s easier to load from the stomach than the chest. I recently ordered a custom $400 wetsuit (I know I paid too much) and had them put a loading pad on. They put it high on the chest and I don’t use it.

With the butt on your stomach your elbows are down and the main muscles you use is the lats, but when the butt is on your chest your elbows go out and you use a lot more trapeze and upper back which are not as strong. I’m back to trying to keep a mouse pad in place.
Bobby

Ive tried but when the wishbone gets near the notch on my spear my arms start shaking and I cant get it on, maybe I should practice that abit longer I see the logic in the technique using bigger muscles to do the work. $400 for a custom suit! if it fits its not to much, thats what you pay for innit! :ko

Reactions: stevevidar
Something that maybe you're all missing is the use of footpegs. They're not often seen on Euro guns due to their construction being a frigging tube, but with a wood barrel, you can drill and install a 1/2' stainless rod through the area behind the muzzle/bands and not only get footpegs to push with but also get a way to lead the bands back in a line more aligned with the pull of the bands.

Willer, there's a latex novelty place next to the VS here- solves all the woories, covers all the bases. ;)

Originally posted by Murat
Looook she has BIGER gun than mine:eek:

When i read your first post i thought about small sized euro gun...

And loading 120cm gun is not definitely beginner task. Its normal that you can't load it. It needs special technique that descirbed in Rob Allen speargun internet site. Couldn't remmembered the link now but sure someone will, or did they already give it?

That's this.

http://www.roballen.co.za/load.html

http://www.roballen.co.za/load.html

You could always try these...

artpsub0367.jpg

This is made by Seatec

artpsub0368.jpg

This is made by Sporasub

They are very useful to help load long guns.

Ciao

When I first jump with an 130 RA under water, my day was spoil by the difficulty to load the gun. I did come back the next weekend, but with longer rubbers, real long rubbers... and just keep trimming them down week after week while getting in better shape. Good point for an RA gun... real easy to adjust the power.
The guys from WildBlue (albany) will be pleased to show you how to make your own rubbers, and with two 16mm you should be able to get though a kingy.

A #1 or #2 riffle with two 16 is quite easy to load and are used around here to get snapper at a nice range: easy on your arms and hard on your wallet!

The easier one is an escalpez gun that same guys from wildBlue load with 3 or 4 really soft rubbers... they can be loaded by an 11 year old shrimp: but you don't wana get there!;)

I'm only 153cm and 50kg and was trying to learn on a Piccasso 120cm

:duh WOW! That is a huge gun! No wonder you are having problems charging your gun!!! I have trouble loading my 75cm to the second notch with 18mm bands!:eek:

Anyway I suggest you get a smaller gun! Or change the size of you bands length wise and width wise... Im sure you already go the point with 3 pages of the same stuff but one more post wont kill you :D

Also, do not try to load your gun using you arm muscles :naughty!!! You have to use your back muscles, it makes a huge difference!

Take the gun by one rubber and push it with you other hand onto your chest... now take your free hand and take the other rubber... now use your back muscles to pull your arms back and then use your arms for the least little bit...

Hope this helps

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT