• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

*speargun From The Past*

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

phdb

May 18, 2005
Got A Speargun From My Dad Who Died Some Months Ago...
Very Old Told Me Before 1980 ...
Air Powered ... 100cm Long Or Somthing
Ocean Pacific .. Made In Spain ...
Any Luck To Track It Down ? Please...

Nemrod were the main Spanish manufacturer of pneumatic guns in that era, haven't heard of Ocean Pacific? Is the trigger mechanism mounted mid-gun or at the rear?

these are the pics

Attachments

• safari1.JPG
    safari1.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 328
  • safari2.JPG
    safari2.JPG
    27.1 KB · Views: 282
  • safari3.JPG
    safari3.JPG
    25.5 KB · Views: 265
  • safari4.JPG
    safari4.JPG
    22.3 KB · Views: 285
  • safarilast.JPG
    safarilast.JPG
    27.7 KB · Views: 275
Are you looking for spare parts? Do you want to try and use it for fishing again? Certainly looks like an old Nemrod gun but Nemrod went belly up a few years ago :waterwork

Reactions: Dick Splash
no man the gun works just fine :) i just wanted to know its story

I didnt think Nemrod ever made a mid handled gun (but as ever I could be wrong, the handle looks very like my old nemrod band gun though) but I read somewhere that Cressisub did many years ago. Are there any logo's or patent no's on it, maybe someone could help from there?

Being the sad anorak that I am I know that Nemrod made just about all of their pnuematic guns "mid-handled" as opposed to Mares and Cressi who made most of their guns "rear-handled". The Mares Sten series was very popular even in the UK, many of the "older" boys still swear by them. Nemrod had the orange coloured Clipper series.

Well I didnt know that, I had a bright blue Nemrod rubber gun with yellow rubbers and blue wishbone nuts from the early 70's that lasted amazingly from 1972 untill 1999, all it ever had was a new bands and wishbones, the same spear lasted all that time rofl

I had the same gun in a few different sizes, cazador series. Howard Jones had one in fairly good nick when he had his shop at Fort Bovisand, brought back so many memories!!! :) Spear was very heavy though for the quality of rubbers employed but caught my first fish with it so will never be forgotten.... :waterwork

well guys ... only thing i can help .. it says clearly Serie Safari Ocean on the one side
on the other says Tifon .. there was another but it has went off .. ... so we got Serie Safari Ocean - made in spain embroided on plastic and Tifon on another patch

OK now Im siding with Spaniard, Tifon rings a bell from my old nemrod gun, but then it could mean "hold here" for all my Spannish is worth :(

Reactions: Shadowkiller
I have a nemrod gun, and I have seen many of the different pneumatic models (all were mid handle) that gun does not look like a nemrod, there are no distinguishing features about it that says nemrod(but mabey it is a rare one?). There were a few other mid handle pneumatic guns as well, the Techni sub series and jaguar rings a bell. That looks like a classic speargun in great condition.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT