• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

speargun licence/import rules Mexico

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

pim

freediving maniac
Mar 3, 2002
Ayo friends,

Did anyone ever took a speargun on a plain to Mexico? I hear different stories about customs in Mexico?

Any tips??????

fishing licence?, waponslicence?, etc etc

Thanks for the answers,

greetings and keep breathing,

Pim Vermeulen
Netherlands

I took a speargun through customs in Cancun and did not have any problems. Once there I asked around about spearfishing rules and was told that it is illegal from Cancun to Tulum, and legal elsewhere.

Spearfishing is a lot more common on the west coast.

I know that for the Sea of Cortez and the waters off of Baja California you need a fishing license to spearfish. In July of 2000 I bought one for $28 that was good for a 1 month.

The regulatory agency is SEMANARP (Secretaria del Medio Ambiente, Recursos Naturales Y Pesca). But the easiest way to get one is to go though Baja Travel Club. You can find that on the net easily.

Hey, thats great information on an easy way to get the Mexican fishing liscense. Ill be visiting that sight soon;)
Adam

Just did a search on Google and found about a half dozen clubs that require a membership. Which one do you recommend?

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT