• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Speargun Travel-tube

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Dave McGoo

Jul 23, 2015
Hey guys, first time poster, long time lurker! I quite enjoy scrolling through all of your DIY posts. It's interesting seeing what ideas other people come up with! I thought I'd share one of my DIY projects with you.

I recently traveled to Greece with all of my spearfishing gear including my diving lead shoved into one sports luggage on a Ryanair flight and wanted to make sure my gun came out intact at the other side so I made this travel tube to take my speargun shaft and spear and the muzzle and other bits broke down and fitted nicely into a box in the same bag. It did involve dismantling and then reassembling the gun but I think it was definitely worth it. The tube is just some PVC drainage pipe from B&Q, the ends are fishing pole end-caps and the whole lot is just wrapped with camo to make it look a bit more made-for-purpose rather than garden shed DIY. Let me know what you think!
Cheers,
Dave

photo 4.JPG

photo 5.JPG

photo 2.JPG photo 1.JPG photo.JPG

A couple of pics of one nice catch too! Cooked up on the beach, was awesome!

Hi
Did you have any problems with travelling with a speargun? I hear ryanair doesnt allow spearguns on their planes.

Hello Dave and welcome on board!
You did a great DIY job,in my opinion and most important -with a low budget. I like it.
I guess you did not declare the dismantled speargun as a sport equipment, in front of Ryan, did you?
I wonder what is the camo material, and if I can find it in Bulgaria...Hm...I guess not.

Nice catch, btw, I am sure u enjoyed it on the beach.

Good luck!

Hi
Did you have any problems with travelling with a speargun? I hear ryanair doesnt allow spearguns on their planes.
He there,
I made a small "exercise" 1 month ago - I asked Qatar Airways what would be the extra cost if I travel with my "sport equipment" (consider this "my speargun"), size 180*35*35 cm, from EU capital to Oman. They said it would cost appr. 320 euro one way!?!
I am very confused.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT