Guest viewing is limited
  • Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

    • Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

    You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

  • Hi Guest - just to let you know that we performed some work on the forums recently. You may use this thread report any issues you encounter.

spearin the virgins

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

fluidshelf

New Member
Jan 23, 2002
7
0
0
41
can anyone help me with rules/regulations of spearing in the virgin islands. ill be in Hansen Bay, St john for a few weeks than on to the BVI (tortola, gorda, etc). If anyone has been there and can help me with the laws, etc. it would be greatly appreciated.
DIVE!!!
tony
 

btweikel

New Member
Dec 15, 2001
39
3
0
54
I asked a guy that is from the USVI about spearfishing around St John. He told me it was legal in about 20% of the surrounding waters. The other 80% is a reserve.
 

fluidshelf

New Member
Jan 23, 2002
7
0
0
41
Thanks alot for your help. I researched all the size regulations and I am staying at a campground that is out of the national park so I should be in good shape.
***If anyone is going to be in the virgin islands for the month of march i could use a dive buddy. :)
thanks again
anthony
 
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2021 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Spearfishing and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT