• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Spearing/Clarity Report 2013

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Whopperhead

Wisconsin Speargun Hunter
Mar 2, 2007
Post here your observations of lake conditions and spearinig reports. Of course on this PUBLIC THREAD.......... LIE. But in a private message can tell us how it really went down. I say this because of the high amount of "GUESTS" this page gets in the spring and summer time. These are sometimes hook and line fisherman, seeing where and what we are spearing.

If you plan on going out- post here and maybe others can and will go along. I will be posting pretty much every day this May/June/July that I will be going out and what area I plan on spearing.

Let hope for a great season!

Watch out for Boaters and Haters, read the regulations and be familiar with them.

Black Hawk Lake and Recreational Area

Thinking of the 2nd or 3rd week in April. Any info on clarity, temp if possible, if anyone else interested.

We might still have ice on the lakes then. AS of right now- the lake in front of my house still has 12"+ of ice on it. I'm thinking we aren't getting in until almost May.

Here is my TENTATIVE Dive Schedule:

ANYWHERE= within a 2-3 hour drive from my home
LOCAL= Within a hour drive of my home

MAY
5th- Anywhere, (Rock Lake or Pine Lake?) 6th- Local
23/24 Anywhere (Madison Lakes more than likely)
27/28 Local, 29/30 Anywhere (Madison Lakes more than likely)

JUNE
4th- Local, 5th- Anywhere (Madison Lakes more than likely)
10/11 - Local (Madison Lakes more than likely)
16th- Anywhere, 17th- Local (Madison Lakes more than likely)
28th - Lake Michigan for PERCH!!!

JULY
10/11- Anywhere
16th- Local, 17th- Anywhere
22/23 - Anywhere
26,27,28 - FREEDIVE-A-PALOOZA!!!!

I will also be diving on dates in between these days- just real local- like 10 miles from home (Jordan Lake, Wolf Lake, Crooked Lake, Swan Lake, ect....)

Last edited:
Whopperhead thanks for the heads up on your tentative diveing schedule, glad to see you plan on getting in the water after this rough year for you. ill definatly be keeping an eye out for those around madison, though im willing to travel most anywhere if i have the time.

And slim steve, Ill be keeping you in mind when i check up on Blackhawk Lake. I think that is the closest lake in between us.

I just need to figure out time to go. This will be a hecktic spring and summer for me. so pretty much everything will be on short notice for me.

I'm heading to Lake Waubesa today. I'll be going in at McDaniel Park. Its on the north east end of the lake. I should be there around 1pm till about 4pm, or later if the killing is good. If for some reason the vis is crap, I will head over to the OUTLET.\

"Update**** Waubesa was pretty cloudy yet. Went to Olbrich Garden Park. Saw TONS of Bass n Muskie. Shot a few pans. Vis was 20', water temp dropped down to 56 degrees. It was a good day!

Last edited:
Looking at possibly heading to 'Crooked Lake' up in Marquette Co. If the rain/storms aren't bad. If its going to lightning, obviously I will not be spearing or getting in the water.

If anyone is interested in joining...... I should be hitting water around 9am. Will update this tomorrow morning if anything changes.

Hoping to hit the Madison Lakes Wed/Thurs

New Video........... Enjoy!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUcVJghCPWs]Spearfishing - Italian Style - YouTube[/ame]

I saw this idea on another video and thought it was Brilliant!

How's everyones Spearing going so far? Monona is great right now..... anywhere on Monona. Mendota hasn't been that great yet. Looking at going to Monona or Waubesa on Tuesday.

GREEN LAKE- anyone know the status? I'm planning on heading over there this weekend w/ my boat & buddy. Want to lay the smack down on carp!

Could possibly be good enough to spear. Usually October is good for that Lake.

Vis was good enough to shoot 31, almost an entire 55 gal barrel full!! Pics & video to follow when I can...

nice!! Good Job!! It has been a cooler summer. what would you say the vis was?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT