• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Spearing Cozumel

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

deankirton

May 9, 2013
I have gone spearing several times in Mexico with a guide. I recently found out that I can take my gun with me in a checked bag and not having more than 2 bands. I have also purchased a permit for the week we will be there. The last time I fished Coz, we were right off the shore close to the Melia, maybe just a hair North. Has anyone shore fished there alone? If its not protected, and you have a permit, wouldn't this be ok? Any thoughts?

x2 what he said.
And what are the Speargun regulations in Cozumel? Im looking at planning a spearfishing holiday and Cozumel looks excelent.

I have gathered some useful info for spearing Coz. I have obtained a fishing lisence for Mexico through the CONAPESCA office in San Diego. Just Google it, its easy. You can also print the fishing regulations from that site as well. I talked to a man in the office who told me just have your lisence and regs with you, dont fish in a protected area and you should be fine. Stay safe.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…