• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

spearing in UK around Exeter/Seaton

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

mikedew

Sep 14, 2011
Hi all

Going down after a long break down to Seaton/Exeter area for spearfishing.

Haven't been in a while so can't remember any spots.

Only one I do is lands end around the small island off the main beach which had tons of mullet at the time.

Can anybody recommend any descent places with good rocky areas and relatively easy access to water?

Many thanks in advance,

Mike Dewhirst

Hi,I am a bit confused by your geography,as Exeter / Seaton and Lands End are a long way apart with a vast number of spots in between ,i have not speared in the east Devon area as i usually head west to South Devon or Cornwall (better vis! ) your mention of a beach in the lands end area is probably Sennen and the island being the Cowloes or Tribbens but calm seas at this time of year very unlikely. There is much reference on this and other sites to Portland which is a good spot and not too far from Seaton , not sure when you are down here but there is a competition at Talland Bay near Looe on sat 24 sept (weather permitting?) Closer to Seaton ,such spots as Branscombe,and Ladram Bay are well known spots but as always the wind direction can make a big difference to vis ! good luck !!!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…