• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Spearing LBI

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

PokeStickLBI

May 21, 2015
What's up everyone, I'm new to the forum and to spear fishing, about to purchase a Rob Allen Tuna 90 fully rigged with reel and mono as well as rig out with fins and snorkel ect ect. Was wondering if anyone in the area would like to shed some light on some hot spots perhaps or maybe even meet up to go lace some striped bass or fluke or... What ever is legally available lol. I commercial fish the area for a living and have a good understanding of risks involved but I surely don't know it all by any means. Can't wait to get in the water !

Hi PokeStick, Sounds like you are set! FYI I've moved your thread to the USA regional area of the forum, as your post is region-specific. I left a temporary (2 month) link to it in the beginner area too. You might want to browse the USA regional area of the forum &, perhaps, drop by the Greets/Bar area of the forum ;)

Oh, by the way, commercial fishing isn't popular with some forum members - including some who were once themselves commercial fishermen - for various reasons (by-catch, depletion of fish stocks, etc.); DeeperBlue.com doesn't have a stance on this as far as I am aware, we just ask that folk treat each with respect.

Hi PokeStick, Sounds like you are set! FYI I've moved your thread to the USA regional area of the forum, as your post is region-specific. I left a temporary (2 month) link to it in the beginner area too. You might want to browse the USA regional area of the forum &, perhaps, drop by the Greets/Bar area of the forum ;)

Oh, by the way, commercial fishing isn't popular with some forum members - including some who were once themselves commercial fishermen - for various reasons (by-catch, depletion of fish stocks, etc.); DeeperBlue.com doesn't have a stance on this as far as I am aware, we just ask that folk treat each with respect.

Hey thank you for that I'll be sure to give it a look over at the bar area and bank you for relocating it I appreciate that. As far as commercial fishing goes I have some mixed feelings on it my self. Seeing how long lining and draggers have tons of by catch and destruction with waste. That gets under my skins for sure. I personally scallop for the time being but will be moving on to better things in life with and upcoming county job. Full benifits and retirement ( fishing doesn't offer that) so I'll be closing the commercial chapter in life and moving on.. But yeah can't wait to spearfish and I appreciate what you have done for me so just wanna say thank you for that

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT