• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

spearinhand ,the FNG on this board

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

spearinhand

Sep 8, 2005
Hi Folks,

I'm a spearo (no tanks) here in the Long Island sound region. Been at it for 6 years as summer fun but last two seasons have been serious equipment, serious effort, and serious time in the water.
My on land big game hunting experience for the last 28 years has proved invaluable, and I wish I had started serious spearfishing 20 years ago...I have stopped bow and rifle hunting since 2000.
Logging tide, locations, moon and local support have yielded 14 stripers 30" to 37" this season. 10 feet of water, maybe 50 yards max from shore. Nothing goes to waste. One fish a day. I have been befriended by fly and surf guys because I share my spots and give them bottom condition reports they never thought possible. Giving fish to the migrant workers, VFW and firehouse gets me parking, local scoop, and honey holes.
I hunt 100% alone, not my choice, but it is hard finding my age group who will gear up and poke around in murky water 8 miles from Montauk in November. But I bring my 19 year old daughter when she can tear herself away from friends and school.
DP is a great forum and I hope I can contribute in the future.

Hi Spearinhand

Wellcome to DB. Good catch this seasson! What kind of gun do you have?

Saludos

Carlos

Welcome to DB, Spearinhand. Sounds like you are tearing up the stripers. Nice to see some more "mature" divers.

Connor

Pocoshower said:
Hi Spearinhand

Wellcome to DB. Good catch this seasson! What kind of gun do you have?

Saludos

Carlos

Hi carlos,

I am shooting a Riffe 2xs...it is a killer with 3 9/16" bands may seem like to much gun but stripers 34" up need it.

cdavis said:
Welcome to DB, Spearinhand. Sounds like you are tearing up the stripers. Nice to see some more "mature" divers.

Connor

Thanks...season is just gettin interesting as big fish move in sept to November and the casual water sports folks are gone.
got a 37" two days ago... stoned him only 30 yds from the beach on a sand bottom 2 pm in the afternoon...go figure.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT