• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Spearos and the word "team"

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

mishu1984

Halla Waaaaallllaaa
Aug 15, 2002
Spearos and the word TEAM...
ive noticed that we all like calling ourselves a team as of lately. Fat chicks have frozen yoghurt, and we have teams.

why use the word "team"?. its not like you guys are competing against other "team"s. just an observation really, but it seems like the latest trend when two or more guys get together in the pursuit of the same activity, y'all decide to call yourselves a "team". why not "group" or, some other word.

To be honest i find this annoying, because the word "team" has a competitive connotation, implying that its my "team" vs. your "team" and we're competing to see who can get the most fish, or the biggest fish, where really we should be competing to see who can spearfish in the most ecologically friendly way.

Also, we can agree that all of us share a common interest which is spearfishing. Now when you play for a certain "team" one day, you cant get on a different boat the next day and play with a different team. which really restricts the number of people that you can enjoy this hobby with.

I understand our need to feel special, to feel exclusive. But if you always dive with the same guys, there is only so much you can learn. One of the things that i have enjoyed the most about spearfishing is the many little tips and tricks that i have come to learn from different people ive been able to dive with over the years.

I dont like the word "team" :p

End of rant. :D

Reactions: podge
Bloody hell Mishu my man, has one of the camels gone and run off!!:head:head:)
Take it easy there bro, slip another beer down and smoke a Marlboro.:king
Me and the Foxman above will sort it out for you mate as we’re the top team leader team, one could almost say team extreme of the Deeper Blue Team.:D:D:D
Maintain yer sense of humour brother
Best as ever baby
Podge.:):):)

I believe that the word team is derived from an old English term for oxen or horses working together. On this basis team means two or more participants working together with a common purpose. More collaborative than competitive :)

Reactions: Mr. X and Jonny250
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT