• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

SpecialFins Spearo Line fins

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Austin

Aug 30, 2002
Hi all!

Now.....at the moment you can go for this PRO freediving fin...which is nothing short of being superb...but....

SpecialFins is just about to launch a new revolutionary series of Spearo Line fins that are designed for spearos by spearos exploiting the immense knowledge of these fantastic Estonian fin makers.

There will be three/four different models available. All are currently being tested by some seriously good divers.

Generally speaking all Spearo Line models except the basic glassfibre one have improved toe angle for more ergonomical and efficient kick.
All Spearo Line models come with different rigidity options. We see no point in producing soft fins so all are ranging from quite rigid to really stiff!!
They also come with one year warranty for materials and craftsmanship.
ALL SPEARO LINE FINS CAN BE FITTED TO OMER MILLENIUM POCKETS.
No adhesives or sealants are needed...switching the blades can be done in a boat in few minutes. You just need a screwdriver.

First model will be very similar to the Freediving Pro model. Only things changed are the blade dimensions and the rigidity. Meaning that the Spearo Line version is slightly shorther, slightly wider and more rigid in order to provide explosive kick that is so often needed is spearfishing. Material for this blade is glassfibre of highest quality. Price for this model will stay pretty close to this Freediving Pro fin.

Second and third blade options will be semi-transparent.
Due to the lamination technique used the blade will allow different amounts of light to penetrate in different parts...hence making it well camouflaged in all conditions. In blue water it stays light blue, in kelp goes green etc.. MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT DROP THIS FIN AS IT CAN BE SERIOUSLY DIFFICULT TO FIND. I actually lost a sample piece of this material to a swiming pool!! *LOL*
Compared to any current carbon fin in the market...this fin provides fantastic thrust and is truly a new step in fin evolution. For you blue water hunters out there.....this one is a treat. Blade measurements are similar to the basic model. It simply is a basic fact that most of the freediving blades are way too long...these in my opinion are pretty close to optimum for both blue water hunters and bottom crawlers. This is a great all-rounder for a demanding spearo. THIS MODEL WILL ALSO BE AVAILABLE IN SEMI-CAMOUFLAGED VERSION. This means that while the transparency of the blade is still there, a dyed resin camo pattern is produced inside the blade. This makes it absolutely abrasion proof which will be a BIG problem with fins that are painted or have surface laminated pattern. This is for ye olde kelpies!!!!

Third model is a piece of work that will cause some dislocated jaws.

It is a new type of high tech fibre fin that will take all the advantages of unique lamination skills of Estonian artisans and space age impact resistant materials.

Compared to the previous models, this one has even shorther and wider blade. Material is 50/50 carbon/kevlar fibre.
This is a fin designed for most demanding competitive spearo.
It allows very fast movements and quick swimming on the surface without that nasty "surface sticking" that we all know so well.
Underwater this fin provides unparalleled thrust and ease of moving in most difficult terrain (rocks, reefs etc.).
Also...as we all know kevlar provides fantastic strenght for this blade. Colour of this blade is pretty greenish due to the kevlar content..making this fin almost naturally mimetic in kelp beds, rocky bottoms etc..
If you are very serious about spearing and are looking for outstanding durability and thrust...look no further.

As said...these fins will be out in less that two months. Jyri will know more about their pricing, I can tell you more about the technical side of them and how they work when spearing.
There will be more supporting products to Spearo Line family in near future but fins will naturally remain as the back bone of this brand as they are what we do the best.

You can catch me at nurmi.mikko@pp.nic.fi or after few days at mikko@specialfins.com

Questions are more than welcome!

Safe spearing!

Mikko

I copied this message here from the Matrix fins thread for better visibility.

Web site is www.specialfins.com

Austin

Last edited:
Austin,

Good call on the new thread. :cool:.

The spearo fins sound intriguing, but I'm still most interested in those Pro fins that you will be testing. I am pretty content with my Dessaults for spearfishing, and it would take one heluva review to convince me to roll the dice on yet another pair of fins.

Ted,

First model will be very similar to the Freediving Pro model. Only things changed are the blade dimensions and the rigidity. Meaning that the Spearo Line version is slightly shorther, slightly wider and more rigid in order to provide explosive kick that is so often needed is spearfishing. Material for this blade is glassfibre of highest quality. Price for this model will stay pretty close to this Freediving Pro fin.

Sounds like the Spearo line will be a little shorter and slightly wider. Also a little more ridgid than the Freediving Pro fins. I am asking Jyri if he is sending me the Spearo line fins.

All the modifications made for these Spearo Line equalents for Freediving Pro fins are well planned and tested.
Even though you may be diving deep to find the fish...these will provide equal thrust with more manouverability.

Also...as these are hand laminated...the gradual release of power is fantastic and will make this a blade that is very much "alive".

Shorther fins are much better suited for surface swimming. There will be no significant recurve....hence there will be less drag.

As these fins will be wider...their total area is pretty much the same or even more as that of Freediving PRO. As the leverage will not curve the tip overly, power in your kick is more economical and less oxygen consuming.

Please notice that these fins are on their last round of tests and the final product will be out within two months.

Reviews should appear in most major english mags out there.

Need more info???
Catch me at mikko@specialfins.com

Safe spearing!
Mikko

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT