• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

SporaSub Black Viper

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

JimmyB

Nov 1, 2004
Hi People, James from Malta here...

What can you people tell me about the SporaSub Black Viper??....

Im new to spearfishing and buying my first gun....Price is an important factor...but i dont want to flake out on some cheapo gun that i'll have to replace quickly..

Is it a good mid-range (price - to - overall performance) gun?? I was thinking about a 75cm gun since im only starting out i thought that this size would work best for an all-rounder (hole and open water fishing)

Any input would be much appreciated.

Thanks
James

hey james welcome aboard.
what i would suggest is an 86 or a 90cm gun. that way you can get a little more punch and when you move up to bigger fish, you will find that a gun in that size will still get the job done.

what i would also say is that before you commit to buying anything you give it a try, a hands-on experience of sorts so that way you know what you are most comfortable with.

good luck and safe hunting

Welcome James!

Mishu is right about the lenght of the the gun. An 85-90cm gun would be a choice that will serve you well in different hunting styles and it'll be handy for all your spearfishing years. As for Black Viper, it is a very reliable and accurate gun and you will definately enjoy it.

Safe diving!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT