• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Sporasub grafiber fins

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

czspearfisher

May 28, 2004
ok, i have cressi gara 2000 hf fins. i like the fins very much, but the foot pockets are not wide enough for my feet. every time i dive after about a hour or so of diving i get cramps in my feet. i need a new pair of fins. i would like to move up to a fiber/ composite fin. i need a fin with a wide foot pocket. i heard that the sporasub foot pocket is very wide. does anybody have and expirience with the sporasub grafiber fins? are there any other brands i should consider when looking for a new set of fins. once again i need fins with a wide foot pocket.

I havent tried sporasub but I can tell you that the omer footpockets are wide!

hi, I use sporasub h dessault plastic blades which I think have the same footpocket as the grafiber (someone correct me if I'm wrong). The foot pocket fits me very well, and I have broader than medium feet.
I posted the same question about the grafiber and got one answer, that the blade i supposedly too soft. I talked to a swedish freediver who sells the grafiber on his netshop about how the grafiber is were compared to the waterway nemo blades and specialfins. He said the had tried the grafiber only in the pool and that they were ok, more snap than a plastic blade but less than a carbonfiber. From what I've read people are saying waterways blades and specialfins blades are as good as carbonfiber blades. Also today I found the grafiber on a spanish site ( http://www.alitan-sub.com/aletascarbono.htm ) were they are described as having "soft propulsion, suitable for spearfishing to average depth and surface swimming", as translated by babelfish. They also used the word suave, which might be good, but doesn't seem to get you deep. All in all I'm leaning towards buying waterways nemo blades or power blades ( http://www.finswimworld.com/spearfishing.htm)

today I found the grafiber on a greek site, were they were described as being "very good for extreme and deep spearfishing". So what site to trust, greek or spanish? Even though (or because) I'm half greek myself it's not a clear cut choice.

I would like to hear from anyone on the forum who actually has used the grafiber and can provide some insight.

If not the grafiber I would say specialfins or waterway.
I kind of like the touch of the specialfins site ( http://www.specialfins.com) sex sells anything even fins and railguns

well i think i have ruled out the sporasubs and now i am think of the waterway fins. what do you guys have to say about those fins.

I have no experience with WaterWays, but from what I have heard, they are damn good! I really sugest going with Specialfins though, if you want THE fin to get, those are the ones to go for!
Email Jyri@specialfins.com and ask him what the best fin is for you... The Kelpie hards should be very nice for you ;)
tell him Matt says hi... :)

Good Luck choosing

waterways are awesome, you will find what you need in a good selected pair IMO..

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT