• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Spots in France or Italy?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Gab

Aug 4, 2011
Hi all,

Can someone recommend a good spot for shore/reef/rock spearfishing in France or in Italy, not too far from an airport? This would be for in the summer with no boat and should not be close to beaches.

Croatia would also be a possability.

Thanks!
Gabriel

Last edited:
In Italy You Can go in SIcily ... Trapani and Palermo have an Airport and the Sea is very Near and rich... Is a beutiful Place...search "san vito lo capo"on the Web to understand what I mean

Hi All, Im off to France in the summer and will be staying in la Rochelle for a wihle. Does anyone know any good spots for spearing nearby also do i need a licence or when can i find the regulations?

Hi All, Im off to France in the summer and will be staying in la Rochelle for a wihle. Does anyone know any good spots for spearing nearby also do i need a licence or when can i find the regulations?

I have a friend that went there (Ile de Re to be exact), the visibility is about 1 or 2 meters at best, you have to go out with a boat to see anything, there is a spot though several km out but don't remember the name.

No need for a licence but you need to have an ID on you and a document from your insurance (in French) that says that you are covered for spearfishing in case you injure/kill) someone or damage anything.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…