• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Spring Sea Bass

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

shaneshac

FIN TRASHER
Oct 8, 2002
This is my catch from monday afternoon

A small dentex and a whopping bass (just short of 6 kgs without eggs)

The bass was shot with my 115 mamba at 5m from the tip of the shaft in 14m of water.

Attachments

• robalo6kdentexmamba1small.jpg
    robalo6kdentexmamba1small.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 205
  • robalo6k1small.jpg
    robalo6k1small.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 173
Reactions: Alison
Congrats dude,really good work,and good shot behind the gill :cool: .We were used to see these kind of pictures of you,keep going..
I hope that I will be a new mamba fan too in the next weeks too :)
Aydın

Nice bass !
Got any vids of that hunt ?
We have a few large bass here at the moment - bit of trouble with the commercial fishermen (they take too many) but going to try with an Italian friends who is over for Easter .... need some luck as the water is still a chilly 9C !
Good luck Shane !
Ed

Was the cameraman a friend or was the middle finger a mistake ?! :)

Why are there no dentones in Guernsey waters ?! Damn they look good....

What weed are you talking about Murat???

Ed, i whacked my finger carrying the bass, guns and float to the car and it was throbbing. It was unintentional i swear ;)

The 115 needs a loader with extension to load properly, unless your 7 foot talll

Shane

rofl not marihuana of course rofl Do you really makes those dentex to smoke weed before you shoot anyway? its so easy that way isn't it? rofl

whatever, lets back to topic. In this time of year i am regullarly seeing smillar or exact size dentex in 10-14 meters and they always hiding in the weeds.

shaneshac said:
What weed are you talking about Murat???
The 115 needs a loader with extension to load properly, unless your 7 foot talll
Shane

Loader with extension? Where does someone find one/make one?

The extension on the loader is basically a rope loop attached to two sides of the loader.

Just came back from my first session of diving this year.. man I miss the fish.. the sea is empty of fish here in UK mainland.. just rubbish floating around.. Very nice fish Shane. and just wait till waters warm up here I'll nail some simillar beasts here.. :)

Pekka

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT