• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

STATIC: Why can't you continue to Samba/BO?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

tylerz

Jun 19, 2002
Ok thought we should gather all the ideas in one place.

Basically when you go for a max static and you end up pulling up unintentionally (or sooner than you wanted to), and you did not experience a Samba or a BO, what caused you to stop?

Again I am referring to unintentional things that you deem to be in the way of you reaching your max static. Please do not post how, "I stop because I do not belive we should have Samba, and Tyler I can not believe you would suggest we should.", because that is not what I am suggesting and not what I am trying to find out with this thread.

I want to find out what is in each of your way from proceeding to a max that you probably could achieve today if not for...X? (did I already mention other than Samba/BO?)

Thanks,

Tyler

My head gets REALLY warm all of a sudden and it just seems to painful to go on. These are during dry statics, as I have no spotters for wet statics so don't do them.

I have been able to withstand up to 125 conractions so far, but normally don't go past about 90 on my final hold. They don't seem to bother me too much, but once my head gets warm I know I'm done.

Jon

I get this as well periodically. Although I would distinguish that it is not pain that stops me (in actual fact the heat is not painful to me just hot and all pervasive) but an intense claustrophobia to the heat. Somtimes this will stop me for a 3 or 4 days in a row, but then it usually disappears, or at least no longer is a hinderance. Even on comfortable statics in the 7+ range I finish with beads of sweat all over my forehead. Sometimes running down my face.

One thing I believe is a pattern to this for myself, is that usually this is more predominant if my metabolism is higher.

sometimes the incredible urge to pee after contractions get strong and a realisation that I'm probably going to despite being toilet trained 32years ago is enough for me to abort a ststic in a public pool or on the couch at home.............not sure if anyone else experiences this

Well, I'm also on the "feeling hot" group.
I don't remember this feeling when I even did wet statics, does any one gets it on wet statics?

When I do more statics sessions per week, I think this feeling is less strong, I can't be sure about it since it's been too long since I've done any training (though I have a start date already).

To repeat the question that is really bothering me:
Is there a chance that by ignoring this "hot" & "pressure" sensation we might hurt ourselvs? (getting some bloodvessel explode or something)

any thoughts?

I usually go for a set time from first contraction. However a couple weeks ago I was going for 5:00 in the pool, my first contraction came later than I thought, so I figured I'd be good for the 5:00. I don't remember anything after the 4:30 signal, although my spotter said I returned the 4:45 signal ok too. I came up at 4:52 with my first Samba, poor recovery, but no assistance required from my spotter.

While I'm not debating the reason for the samba, I find it interesting that my last thoughts were that I was fine to 5:00, but yet when I wasn't I still pulled myself out.

Back to the main topic here though. When I pull up sooner than I intended, it's usually because contractions started earlier than I thought they would, then I get thinking about it too much and just give up. The odd time I quit due to a moment of weakness too!

Some good threads here Tyler, keep em comming buddy!
Aaron

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT