• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Staying in touch with DB photographically via Instagram (avalls108)

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Adrian

Deeper Blue Beachcomber
Supporter
Nov 23, 2002
Dear friends,
It's been a while since I've been visiting here, but out of sight is definitely not out of mind. It's been about 12 years since finding DB, reading great stories, gratefully learning techniques and generally enjoying the companionship of fellow freedivers scattered all over the world, along with the pleasure of meeting around 30 of you personally. Even though I haven't been active for a while on DB (and FB as well) I do post occasional images for fun on Instagram and I would love to see your pics or accounts there.

Searching I found a deeperblue account which is deeperbluegram. If this is correct Stephan, it would be nice to have an active DB presence there as well. So any of you who have Instagram accounts just add them here in your replies to this post so we can continue having news from each other in this way as well.

My account - avalls108

Warmest wishes to all of you!
Adrian

Hi Adrian!

Long time no see my friend! - I'm one of the lucky 30 :D And Adrian is just a fantastic person, who has taken some beautiful photographs, even had his work displayed in a gallery!

Now I myself am getting more into photography, I really start to see and learn what makes some photo's great. If you take your time and study it you'll discover another enriching way of viewing and communicating with the world.

Adrian, what happened man, your photographs quality sky rocketed in the few years I've not seen you!
Remember that Adrian was a photo contributor to a DB calender!

I need to quit speaking now, too many explanation points! :)

Hi Adrian!

Long time no see my friend! - I'm one of the lucky 30 :D And Adrian is just a fantastic person, who has taken some beautiful photographs, even had his work displayed in a gallery!

Now I myself am getting more into photography, I really start to see and learn what makes some photo's great. If you take your time and study it you'll discover another enriching way of viewing and communicating with the world.

Adrian, what happened man, your photographs quality sky rocketed in the few years I've not seen you!
Remember that Adrian was a photo contributor to a DB calender!

I need to quit speaking now, too many explanation points! :)

Hi Kars,
Thanks for your compliments but I'm no more (or less) special than the other 9 billion other souls with whom we share this world. Our differences make us special and that's why we are all floating around in space together, interweaving our lives and following our respective paths. Vive la différence! Somebody is being entertained I'm sure! :)

As for photography, Instagram and all the apps with the filters make it fun to experiment but it's easy to go overboard and a lot of the images in my stream don't have any filters. I keep thinking that DB would benefit from having a strong presence on Instagram as it's fast, easy and images really distill the feeling of the moment.

I don't know if the DB app that Stephan is developing can pull images from a specific account on Instagram, as part of the app's features.

Anyway Kars, set up an account and I'll start following you!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT