• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Stella Polaris Wreck Expedition / Japan

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

aqua

Aug 9, 2002
We Are Planning To Dive This Famous Virgin Wreck.

News And Updates On My Website.

touch down on the virgin wreck of the "scandinavia" ex "stella polaris". lots of photos and video on our website.

A big well done guys. Glad to know that you all had a safe dive.

Just out of interest, what diluent were you guys using and what deco did you do.

Again , well done!:friday

Ali

thank you.

we calculated for the max. depth of -72 metrs with a safety for - 75 meters.

for this we used heliair 10/52 for a calculated bottom time of 30 minutes. this would give us a deco of about 1.5hrs.

in reality we dove a maximum of -67 meters which was the deck area. deco was then of course a bit shorter.

Excellent! Must have been a cracking dive. Hats off to you guys!! I really enjoy reading about these kinds of achivements.

We do those depths on a weekend basis using 15/55 for a bottom mix. Using ratio deco 1:2 and avg depth calculation , we get around the same ball park figure.

Read about my teams dive on the U-533 on this forum.

Keep diving, plenty, and most important-safe.

Best

A

Interesting read, but I want to know where Axel got his mask from!

Jon

Last edited:
yea - i think its the sexiest mask around the seven seas...

hehe

i discovered it some years ago at a beach south of tokyo. but didnt buy it that time. its a very cheap swim mask. 15$

i thought it cool and being back in europe i wrote to the company YASUDA which does this stuff. the boss himself then sent me a box of samples for free.

check out their website Š”Ž®‰ïŽÐˆÀ“cH‹ÆŠ.

this time around i went to osaka where the company YASUDA is based and mr. yasuda himself gave me a tour of the production facilities. all masks are handmade and i was told he made this design of the mask 40 years ago.

they can produce about 30 masks a day.

they do a lot of old style stuff which is very looked for by many water photographers as it cant be found no more at our side of the world.

Last edited:
we have uploaded the full video footage of the stella polaris wreck in japan at google.

watch it here: [ame=http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8306216848704611532&q=stella+polaris&total=16&start=10&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0]Stella Polaris Expedition 2007[/ame]

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT