• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Still feel safe cage diving with GWS?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Everyone knows that beating a Great White's head with a metal pole only make things worse.

If it were a responsible dive tour, they would've had an emergency granny-purse somewhere on the deck.

Attachments

• white out.jpg
    white out.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 130
"But two weeks previously there was a woman killed by a Great White in South Africa so it was possibly the same shark."

Yes, great reply Einstein, thank you Captain Obvious (of Her Majesty's Ship 'Apparent'). Maybe it was the same one that ate the snorkeller a few weeks back in Oz, too? Moron. First of all there is no shortage of sharks that would attack a cage or indeed eat a moron in a cage with all the chum and guts in the water. Secondly, what degree in GW spotting does this guy have? Thirdly, I'm sorry for the relatives of morons who chum for sharks then get eaten, but there is a Darwinian element at work here. And since I don't know this Braniac, I have to laugh my ass off rofl
Cheers,
Erik Y ;)

Reactions: sinkweight
My reaction to GWS is much like my reaction to lions. I wish them "Good hunting, brother" and leave the area. I sure as Hell don't play bait onna hook! I feel the same way about orca, too.

Reactions: Erik
Erik said:
"But two weeks previously there was a woman killed by a Great White in South Africa so it was possibly the same shark."

Yes, great reply Einstein, thank you Captain Obvious (of Her Majesty's Ship 'Apparent'). Maybe it was the same one that ate the snorkeller a few weeks back in Oz, too? Moron. First of all there is no shortage of sharks that would attack a cage or indeed eat a moron in a cage with all the chum and guts in the water. Secondly, what degree in GW spotting does this guy have? Thirdly, I'm sorry for the relatives of morons who chum for sharks then get eaten, but there is a Darwinian element at work here. And since I don't know this Braniac, I have to laugh my ass off rofl
Cheers,
Erik Y ;)

preach it Erik, preach it :D

You play with fire, you'll get burned.. people have no idea of the power of sharks in water before they have actually been in water with one.. hope that guy learned his lession so we dont need to read the rest of his sad story on darwin awards web site..

Pekka

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT