• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

struggling /w static @_@

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

XyseR

Dec 3, 2005
short and simple i'm not getting any where close to my max nowadays. i guess this is the "wall" or whatever people get.... i don't know it's werid... like i can hold my breath for a lot longer till i get contractions, so i know i'm getting better, but i can't hold it as for long. has this happend to anyone else? *i'm sure it has, but what have/did you do to go on? i don't have any formal regural static training it's more of like eh im kind of bored or im chatting so ill do those static table things..hmm i dunno any word of fromt you wise people? the only other then i acutally know is don't give up which i'm not going to beacuse i know i have soo much potential :) at least i think so hah!

uh this doesn't have to do with the subject..but can any one hold their breths like super llong?? does your body have to get used to the low c02 levels or else it won't be able to say alive?? :p

thanks a lot for your help!

i just got some 2:10ish with out any contrations(at 3minutes i was moving beacuse i just wanted to get 3minutes, i round to the nearest 30-1minute while holding and then still i had very few contrations - i'm so happy! i know i'm improving ,but i feel now thati'mn ot prepaired for major breaths. it's 02:55 and i'm pretty tired lol.. once again when i'm tiredest ido pretty well. do you suggest for me do run while holding my breath and then like 30 minutes i try? or how tired should i be? thanks a lot!

i wouldn't say that after only a few weeks of static training you have hit a wall. my guess is that your training is simply inefficient. maybe you want to read your own threads again as people were giving good advice to you already.

regarding your posts now: try being consistent with training (12 hours before static) meaning same time of day, same preparation/breathe-up/warm-up routine, etc. it helps a lot to write down your program and stick with it. only after getting more consistent will you be able to analyze your progress, i.e. recognizing bad influences (too much food before, too little sleep, etc) to avoid for good statics. that's the benefit of a log, you can go back weeks to see what you did when you had a really good day.

it's good to hear that you are still into it, just be a little more patient and improve the quality of your training sessions rather than the quantity.

i'm sure more people will offer their opinion, so you will definitely have enough stuff to do in the next months :)

take care and happy new year,

roland

Hi,

"Ricochet" gave us a great help creating his Apnea Trainer, follow this link http://forums.deeperblue.net/showthread.php?t=52854&highlight=trainer.

It will help you with low 02 and high CO2 tolerance if you use the advises on the thread. With it i went from 2:45 to 4:32 in just 3 weeks. Other good thing to do is walking or jogging apnea in CO2 and O2 series. I haven´t try a new PB but i´m sure i could reach the 4:32 more relaxed than before.

Enjoy,
Sigi...

I have experienced this many times. I think its from the stress on your body. At one point in time my max was 2:00, and that took alot of effort. Around a month later (I didn't train during that month at all) I tried holding my breath, the first day was unsuccessful, but the second i pulled 3:12. Ive gotten (much) better since then, but I noticed giving my body a week or two break, then one "warmup day" really helps my times.

Good Luck, Matt.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT