• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Submania Apnea Cup (Zagreb-Croatia)

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
thanks Goran, looking forward to see some nice performances! even some new WRs maybe ??

unforunately, i will not be able to attend

C o n g r a t u l a t i o n s Branko! how do you do it? :p

How about the rest of the results?

C o n g r a t u l a t i o n s Branko! how do you do it? :p

How about the rest of the results?

good saefty, good coach, good conditions are always resulting in good performance :)
All you need is hard work and someone who is objectiv, someone who is not your regular saftey, or coach, you need someonee than can tell you which mistakes you are making. By changeing smallest things you can dramaticaly increase your static! That was in my case, and I think there are still a lot of thing for me to learn. but for that you have to have someone objective with knowelage.
people are just far away from their maximums!!!
did 140m with stereo fins, got out at first contraction, but maxymum would be around 200. I got out because this way we can get more points to the sport in goverment. for every national record we get points... ;-)

good saefty, good coach, good conditions are always resulting in good performance :)
All you need is hard work and someone who is objectiv, someone who is not your regular saftey, or coach, you need someonee than can tell you which mistakes you are making. By changeing smallest things you can dramaticaly increase your static! That was in my case, and I think there are still a lot of thing for me to learn. but for that you have to have someone objective with knowelage.
people are just far away from their maximums!!!
did 140m with stereo fins, got out at first contraction, but maxymum would be around 200. I got out because this way we can get more points to the sport in goverment. for every national record we get points... ;-)

thanks for the info Branko. I like the idea of having an outside expert checking on you and pointing out things that u may have missed and u could possibly improve. I agree that hard work is key.

I think that your potential for improvement in dynamic is huge! Having the first contraction and exiting at 140 with bifins! Most experts swim 2/3 or 3/4 of their dynamics with contractions!

I think that your potential for improvement in dynamic is huge! Having the first contraction and exiting at 140 with bifins! Most experts swim 2/3 or 3/4 of their dynamics with contractions!

Well, it doesn't say anything. I think he is just hyperventilating. I saw Mullins claiming that if he wants he can delay contractions up to 150-160m but it wouldn't bring him any good, anyway, all big swims and WRs he did with contractions starting much earlier, I guess around 50m-100m...
remember, dynamics are completly different than statics and best example is Ulf Dextegen.

regards,
Matt

EDIT: to proove what I'm saying:
http://forums.deeperblue.com/static-dynamic/83758-way-prolong-dynamic-dive-times.html#post778046
http://forums.deeperblue.com/general-freediving/89218-very-intense-contractions-dny.html#post831054

Last edited:
Well, it doesn't say anything. I think he is just hyperventilating. I saw Mullins claiming that if he wants he can delay contractions up to 150-160m but it wouldn't bring him any good, anyway, all big swims and WRs he did with contractions starting much earlier, I guess around 50m-100m...
remember, dynamics are completly different than statics and best example is Ulf Dextegen.

regards,
Matt

EDIT: to proove what I'm saying:
http://forums.deeperblue.com/static-dynamic/83758-way-prolong-dynamic-dive-times.html#post778046
http://forums.deeperblue.com/general-freediving/89218-very-intense-contractions-dny.html#post831054

thanks for the links Matt; especially the 1st one - have not seen it before and it is on a very interesting subject!

Getting contractions late does not mean by itself much but it reveals potential i think. Same for the use of monofin; it takes time to get used to but when u get the technique right, u r set for a good gain in distance vs bi-fins.

Actually I wasn't hipervntilating allmost all! i was doing that aproach before, and contractions would start at some 75m. but this time I juts did what I saw someone doing on one earlier competition. I won't say who or what because it is not something I realysed. so for me it is like telling everybody someones secret, and that just wouldn't be fare without his premition. it just happend that on one competition he was before me and he told me how he does it. ps. he did amaseing dynamic!
but of course time will show up how good really this aproach is. :)

Someone told something in somewhere...I have to laugh Branko, sorry about it! To be honest, something is suspicious for me..Hmm...

Balázs

Reactions: Goran Colak
Someone told something in somewhere...I have to laugh Branko, sorry about it! To be honest, something is suspicious for me..Hmm...

Balázs

Than laugh, I am always happy to make someone laugh :) He told me the way of preparation for dynamic. Comletley diferent from mine, maybe he wanted to share or maybe it just sliped his mouth. :) So I just did what he did ;-)

I see nothing suspicious in that :confused:
but can you be more direct? please.
ps. If you rally want to know it was in Tenerifes, and he did doping test, same as I did, if you are thinking of that :)
When I finish with static apnea, I will go for dynamic, and I hope that your suspicious will grow along with ours dynamics :D

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT