• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Suit slippage

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

w3ac

I should be working
Nov 8, 2002
Hey gang,
Got a new question/potential problem. My new 3mm OMER suit is awesome. So warm and comfortable is was a pleasure to dive in yesterday. The only thing that concerned me was when I tried to uncock my gun on my stomach, the suit sliiped a lot. I readjusted and made sure I had the gun square on the chest loading pad but even then, it felt a little unstable. Has anyone else had this problem? I am afraid that when I try to load my blue water gun, the suit will slip far enough to tear it. Any suggestions, comments, past experiences? Thanks.

Brad :martial

When loading my RA on a wetsuit without a loading pad I have to be really careful that my pull on the rubber is perpendicular to my chest or it slips right off. It sounds as if you have the same problem, when you pull on the rubber you are pulling at an non-right angle to your body and the gun wants to slip. Moving the gun so it is closer to the perpendicular ie moving it from stomach to chest will help reduce slippage but ultimately your technique may require adjustment.

Help any?

I have the slippage problem too... :eek:

The advice Shadowkiller gave is about the best you can do really - just like learning to load a long gun for the forst few times, it's all about technique.

I have noticed that the biotermic lined suits slip a lot less than the regular open-celled suits - probably due to texture.

With euro guns like RA's, I've always been more scared of it slippin off my loading pad & knocking me out! :blackeye

Though it feels odd, just know that lots of people have gon e through it & though I've heard stories, none of my friends or myself have personally had problems with it.

Keep whackin those Ono's & catch you later...

Thanks for the input guys. I bungled my way into a solution for my blue water gun this weekend. Instead of placing high on my chest, I put the but of the gun onto my weight belt buckle. It totally eliminated the slippage. I will probably try a Rob Allen this week so I guess I have to be extra careful. Those guys hurt if you try and load on the belt buckle. Happy hunting to all.

Brad :martial

make sure you wear a cup:duh..... i've heard stories of ppl loseing the ability to father a child with this method of loading. gives me the shivers thinking about it.:waterwork

Last edited:
Hi

I also load my gun on my belt buckle. I do a wierd kind of featal position (Spell Check):eek: over it. Prevents the accidents:D

Only problem is that if you shoot a lot of fish\or miss and have to reload :eek: you may have a pretty bruised stomach the next day.

Cheers Reinier

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT