• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Summer 2016 Bretagne

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
J'adore!

I do a lot of work in France and I am always tempted to drive over with my gear and give the w coast a try.

Reactions: coolshark
I was working in Lyon which was terrible for getting to the coast. Now I work the odd week in Paris and a drive to Bretagne is not out of the question post-work on a Friday night. I suppose the season is drawing to a close there, although I plan to keep fishing here in the UK for as long as possible.

What is the deal with licenses there now? I have heard you just need insurance, no need for a permit anymore. Is that true?

I was working in Lyon which was terrible for getting to the coast. Now I work the odd week in Paris and a drive to Bretagne is not out of the question post-work on a Friday night. I suppose the season is drawing to a close there, although I plan to keep fishing here in the UK for as long as possible.

What is the deal with licenses there now? I have heard you just need insurance, no need for a permit anymore. Is that true?

In fact it's not easy to dive when you work at Paris or Lyon.
Here, in Bretagne, temperature decrease, fishes start from.
Now in France we need juste the photocopy of identity and the number phone. (In case of need)

Last edited:
It's a bit of a drive, I grant, but one I would be willing to make if the conditions were right.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT