• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Sunken temples in James Bond movie

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Adrian

Deeper Blue Beachcomber
Supporter
Nov 23, 2002
I saw "For your eyes only", a Roger Moore - James Bond movie tonight on TV and wondered where the sunken Greek (?) temple was located. It seemed to be in 20 -30 meters of depth and there was a French angelfish swimming around in one of the sequences, so around the Red Sea, Egypt perhaps? On the surface the action was in Greece, but underwater no way. :D

Anyway, it left me with the desire to go there.

Adrian

It was in Elstreet studios in london.

But it was supposed to be off the west African cost I think.

hows that then.

Hi Sharky,
Hmm...interesting, how deep is the water at the studios? rofl

thanks,
Adrian

yeah some of the shots were done at the studio... I have all of the DVDs. I love bond flicks! but that aside. I was watching the making of video for "For Your Eyes Only".

The supposed location for the dives was off of Corfu. However, All of the close up shots of Roger Moore and Carole Bouquet (Melina) were done at the studio. This was due to Bouquet not being able to equalize properly. :eek: Would of added her to the hot freediver list til I heard that... hehehe

The funny part is the close ups weren't even done in water. The videos were shot in slow motion with a fan blowing so their hair would move like in water. And then the bubbles were effects added in post production. If you watch you will see the bubbles aren't even coming from their mouths. But without knowing I wouldn't have even thought twice about it. Just figured somebody would be intereseted

Reactions: Adrian
Pretty cool! Who the heck knew? i always assumed they were just pretty good free divers. Now I'm bummed! Thanks for the cool "Behind the Scenes" info though! :)

So your right Jeremy, "there aint no sharks in the pool" ! :D It's amazing the tricks one can do.

Adrian

yeah, I was wondering about that to begin with since they both still look pretty good when holding their breath. And for some reason when I see pictures of me holding my breath I look a little freakish... :t... on second though pics out of the water aren't that good either. heheh :D

yeah and that effect was done in 1980... imagine what they can do now! I mean really with Angelina Jolie's mockery of freediving in the new tomb raider where will they go next. :confused:

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT