• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Sup Need A Freediving/Spearfishing Partner in NC

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Matthewm0311

Mar 8, 2008
Im Stationed on Camp Lejeune and I'm looking for someone to show me the tricks of the trade in spearfishing, i want to try it all Blue water, wreck, and shore diving. I'm new to spearfishing but I use to freedive some time ago. I have all the gear but I dont have a boat..

Last edited:
Welcome to Deeperblue! Feel free to ask questions and search the forums. Also, check out the hunting section and the Spearo Network for people to show you the ropes. You can find lots of information and potential dive buddies in those sections. Hope to see you over there :)

Welcome to DB dude :friday

Shore diving's good too :) Where is Camp Lejeune

Have to to admit this one had me puzzled too. Thought I was good at geography but if I went to my first guess NC - New Calidonia - Island group in the South Pacific, a French overseas territory between Australia and the Fiji Islands, then I would have been slightly out.

Good old Google "Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune is near Jacksonville, North Carolina, on the Atlantic seaboard of the United States"

Dave

Last edited:
Hello Matt,
Your freediving skills will definitly be a plus in your pursue for
spearing fish. The other skills you may need is to be able to use your
equipment safely and effectively :martial. Because of the many issues and
subject matters, one would have to be in specifics and study what is
neccessary to move forward in the activity. Deeper Blue can help you
on these many issues if you keep searching for the answers for your specifics. And practice is also another plus. With practice, you can find
what works best for you :).

Online spearfishing partner :)

Woops yea hehe I thought i posted on us east. Camp Lejuene, North Carolina USA. Exactly right Dave ;) I have been devouring every little bit of information i can find on spearfishing but knowledge can only take you so far.. I need so experience in the water.

Last edited:
Hello again Matt,
I am one who also had a desire to learn how to spearfish,
read alot on all sorts of relevent issues in regards to spearfishing. But I
mostly spearfish alone. I do my practicing alone, every week. I have
come to gain the experience and knowledge I am confident with. I started with a pole spear and then advance to the speargun. There are
many other spearfishermen here but I am kinda picky. Spearfishing gear especialy for the larger fish can be dangerous if not handled safetly. And so diving with a partner you can trust is important for enjoying the sport.
At least for me. :friday Good luck finding a partner.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT