• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Suunto D3

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Longfins

Oct 28, 2001
I just saw a picture of a new freediving-specific computer from Suunto - the D3. It looks like a Mosquito with an orange body. It's supposed to have just freediving functions and act more like a bottom timer without all the scuba stuff as to be cheaper, for around $300US retail.

Anyone else heard of or seen this new gadget? Is it available anywhere in the world yet? When will it be available?

And most importantly, will it carry the Angus Seal of Approval? :D

Last edited:
This is a secret

I have heard of detailed specs for this device, but it is still supposed to be a secret, so let's just let nature take its course.

Eric Fattah
BC, Canada

Freedive-Specific Watch

It's about damn time. My Apneist is too clunky.
Cheers,
Erik Y.

It is a fantastic piece of freediving equipment.

Almost the same as the mosquito but this baby has a 1 sec sampling rate.

Stopwatch that counts backwards.

Pc interface

Will be available SOON!!!

It also beeps a bit louder and you can set it do that eg. after every 30 seconds. It should also stay in diving mode a little longer, so you won't miss the first seconds of your dive as easily as with the mosquito.

Does not have a jolt starter for your hart or an emergency lift bag as rumoured...

ossi

New Suunto

Hey,

Sounds great, I've almost learned how to use my Vyper. Yes, where and when?

FD48

D3

Hi,

I just checked with my deep discount buddy and he says that the D3 will be available the middle of Feb. in Canada.

FD48

I saw the D3 on a dive tradeshow yesterday in the Netherlands.
Looks exactly like a Mosquito, although there are other colors on the case.

Specs are similar to the mosquito too, except you won't have an 'air' mode.

Prices:

D3 349 euro
Mosquito 399 Euro

Last edited:
Hello Anderson

Thank you for your e-mail. The Suunto D3 will be in production in April - as soon as it comes out we will try to get it!

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Regards

Michelle Nowell
DiveINN Scubastore Sales
Michelle@diveinn.com
www.scubastore.com

yellow please

Hey,

This is cool. A brocure that I saw indicated that it had an ascent rate indicator, is this right? The sampling rate is about the best one can get commercially, but for the price a mosquito is very close.

Thanks for the news,

Fd48

Hi guys,

i have just come back from the SA freediving champs and we were priviliged enough to have Suunto sposor us two D3 as our official depth guages.

All i can say is they are fantastic and the 1 second sampling rate is what us freedivers have been waiting for.

Hennie

Re: This is a secret

Originally posted by efattah
I have heard of detailed specs for this device, but it is still supposed to be a secret, so let's just let nature take its course.

Eric Fattah
BC, Canada

I've got a better idea... why don't you share your info so we can all benefit from it. This is a forum after all...

Hi all,

to witness the D3's potential, go to the FSA website at www.fsa.org.za and look at the dive profiles logged by the a D3 at the SA champs.

Hennie

Bill,

on the first page, follow the results button of the 2002 Champs.
You will find all 34 dive profiles and static results there.

Hennie

profiles

Hennie

Thanks. It just took a little persistence. The page comes up a little funny on my system. I tried twice last night and then got it first try this morning.

Good numbers. Ver-r-ry interesting. The deepest dive has the shallowest profile. Thanks for sharing. I'm interested in any comments, especially on descent/ascent rate, from anyone.

Aloha
Bill

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT