Saturday, February 16, 2019
  • Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 40,000+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 496,000+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,300+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

suunto d4f, d4i and d6i

redfisher

Oct 2, 2018
USA
i'm planning to buy a dive computer and it shall be suunto's watch.

to use it for freediving, it seemed that d4f is slightly better than the other two (although it doesn't have compass)
because the official website's comparison chart showed that d4f has "depth alarm" and "dive time alarm" while the other two don't

i would like to know which model does everyone buy?
and is it recommended to choose suunto?
thanks in advance:)

vinnie

Jun 11, 2017
France
hi! I got a d6i because there was a bundle that included the transmitter for an additional 10 euros (the shop sells it for 150 euros without the watch), and at the time of the purchase I was still doing scuba diving. Also, it said it's sapphire glass instead of plastic (d4i) and you can go deeper with it (150m instead of 100m). But... I'll probably never go down to those depths so the d6i is way overkill for me. There's also a new dive computer coming at the end of the month I think. It's called D5, so maybe they're going to discount the other models. It might be worth waiting a couple of weeks if you're not in a hurry to buy the watch. Some friends of mine have a Mares computer which is way cheaper and they're very happy with it.
I hope it helps you. Sorry I don't know anybody who has the d4f.

riccardosl

Feb 16, 2016
Hi, if you’re only freediving go for the specific model

Suunto has very nice models, I got a Cressi Drake which has same functionality and cheaper

I heard Suunto you need to have a support to change battery and some other watches don’t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SubSub

Aug 26, 2015
Stockholm
You can change youself if youre a bit handy, but Suunto do pressure tests to see it holds up under pressure.

Oct 28, 2017
Colorado
I would be careful buying any of those at the moment. They are going through a class action law suit on their dive watches. I ended up having to send mine in three weeks ago and haven’t got it back yet. It’s been great when I used it but am currently out a dive watch at the moment.

riccardosl

Feb 16, 2016
I would be careful buying any of those at the moment. They are going through a class action law suit on their dive watches. I ended up having to send mine in three weeks ago and haven’t got it back yet. It’s been great when I used it but am currently out a dive watch at the moment.
Why a class action?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3joern

Oct 21, 2015
Germany
I have the d4f for one year now after a really long term of search and comparison. I'am really happy with it, I just want this because the dive alert only for freediving, but you can't hear it with a hoody. On the wrist while equalization is ok, but if you need it for deep training, I recommend that you put the watch on you mask stripe. As a second watch while training I use a cheap pyle snorkeling watch.

Oct 28, 2017
Colorado
Update: just got my watch back from Suunto and they sent me the d4i to replace my d4f so I am very satisfied with their customer service considering.