• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Suunto D6i black - best price guaranteed

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Will

Freediver
Jun 20, 2003
I have an unused (in the box) Suunto D6i (metallic black) with USB cable up for grabs.
This is the best gauge for freediving - it has a total of 6 depth alarms, compass and all sorts of other functions..

The price is $50 less than whatever the cheapest price is on the internet (plus shipping).

Reply here, or contact will (at) verticalblue (dot) net

Hi Will,

Looking to get a dive watch to fit the bill for freediving and scuba. D6i is on my list and I would be interested to know more about your watch.
What price are you looking to sell it for? Not sure where you are located, what would the shipping be to Wisconsin?
Does it come with the wireless pressure transmitter?
Is it the watch pictured? Rubber band?

Out of curiosity, why are you looking to sell it?

Thanks,
marc

Hey Marc,

There is no wireless pressure transmitter - the only accessory it comes with is the USB download cable and software. It is the watch pictured, yes. This black version of the D6i only came out last year.
Shipping to the US would be around $40 I think (from Spain at the moment). I will be coming through FL in September.

I'm selling it as I have one already, and won this extra one last year.
The price is $750, or $50 cheaper than whatever you can find on the internet - whichever is less.

Let me know if you're interested.

Definitely interested. I've been debating between an Aeris or Suunto. And at this point I think either would be good. How have you liked your Suunto?

Only concerns are whether Suunto would alow me to have the two year warranty without an original purchase record...looks like their warranty department requires it for proof of purchase date but maybe they are not strict and hopefully I would not need to use the warranty!
Also, I have not found a service site for Suunto in the states. Have you been able to successfully change your battery without going to a Suunto service center?

Did a quick internet search and found a shop in the UK selling the D6i with free shipping to the US and export for $610.
SS016923000 Suunto D6i Black Elastomer with USB cable
€579.40 / £458.31/ Export price outside EU $608.86
Diving Right Suunto

-marc

The Suunto D6i is the best gauge out there for freediving (and probably scuba) - it's what I use day to day. Sapphire glass, 6 depth alarms, and pinpoint accuracy are some of the reasons.
I've had 5 different Suuntos and never needed to use the warranty. There are dealers who can change the battery in Florida, as well as probably several other states - I think there's a dealer search function on the Suunto site.
I had a look at Diving Right and it seems like it's actually $665 (€536) once you go through with it. So I can give you this one for $600, including shipping. The only difference might be a hassle with the warranty.
Cheers, Will.

sorry, it's sold already - should have updated this thread!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…