• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Sven's New Gun!!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

icarus pacific

Human-in-training
Nov 7, 2001
Here you go kids! 42 inches of handmade teak, titanium and stainless love. :inlove You can be sure this'll make it down the the '03 Keys Kraze! This thing has snappah written all over it! (I figure all I gotta do is stay clear of Aquiles and Styron so I can get a shot...:hmm )

There's an article coming up on the fun, frustration and financials of making your own gun. Stay tuned. But in the meantime, drool all you like. :cool:

sven

Last edited by a moderator:
nice gun looks like a daryl wong gun with an aim rite plastic trigger. You should really trade the trigger for a steve alexander. Ive heard of people having alot of problems with the plastic cracking under constant stress. Or did you make the gun yourself. if you did what are the measurements you used(your design). email me dmiyamoto@hotmail.com and post it on the forum.

hey svenski, we might have to team up and go head to head w/ team "flaco" down at kk'03. :D

my piece has acquired a single 20mm band and is ready to light it up! :D

you putting that reel on this thing? :confused: now that would be a sweet setup for the shallow reefs off marathon. :inlove

c'mon march! :cool:

Tag team, eh? Whatcha think Jay? The kid's got the luck factor... You and I just look good.

You got a 20mm band on your what??! :yack Man! That's gotta be constricting. :D euros...

Naw, the reel's for a project down the road, though it would be dakine for that shallow stuff, seeing as how I'm too poor to go buy one and am fine with diving only as deep as the Sun shines....

sven

Man o man

I go and build mr ugly, and play with weird concepts, and you go and build a masterpiece .....

Wicked .... have you thought of building a roller-mech into it? If you need a cool concept for building it, I can supply you with some very wicked ideas .... I should be getting my mech for my RA this week, I broke the rollers on the prototype, and decided to go expensive and get a decent mech made up ....

BTW .... there should be a higher karma rating above hella nice .... specially for u ....

it looks promising

mmm, not that much teak and a metal barrel and is that a Rail i see? all you need to do now is move the handle to the back, loose the rest of the teak and you're getting there ;) . it's no wonder you're so confident about the next kk.

but seriously, its looks like one hellava wellmade piece of homework

and SA, what the hell is this!?!
BTW .... there should be a higher karma rating above hella nice .... specially for u ....
:yack :yack :yack

i think the combination of lack of salt and too much teletubbies is getting to you man, remember what your mom taught you. wood is evil! :t

SWEEET

Nice lookin' snappa slayer, Sven. That may of given me the push I needed to get my idea off paper and into metal and wood! Although we're cunningly stunning or was that stunningly cunning, oh well we'll show'em in the keys. I just took it easy on them last year since I was an invited guest. Next year no holds barred. We'll show'em we're not just eye candyrofl
Jay

You go Sven!!

Beautiful,

Nice job, there's a lotta love and time in that steel flinger. Are you taking orders yet:D

Will someone tell me about the 2003 Keys Kraze, i'm still a newbie but it sounds like fun. Would be nice to escape cold cold Vermont at that time of year, go to the Keys and chase Snapper:hmm. Snapper good:t

Cheers, Guy

Nice Sven! Somehow your new gun limited IYA to a 1 line post!!rofl

Hey there pops,

Well I want to be the first one on the list of orders that you may be taking. Ahem! :hmm are you listening? ;) That looks like a nice peice of wood!:D I promise to take it easy on you guys if i get dibs on the next model. Don't worry about the keys kraze I tend to crack under pressure.:t Ask about the speared tent. As far as the keys kraze, things are looking up, I managed to get my hands on the tiara 32 for the week so I hope that we have space. Have fun with the gun. Remember the hunt depends on the indian , not his bow and arrow:thankyou

Aquiles

Wise words, jefe. Believe me, if I found that there was any money in making guns, I'd have a Gran Cubano model.

sven

Pops this!

Originally posted by Aquiles
Hey there pops,
I managed to get my hands on the tiara 32 for the week
Aquiles

Pops, eh? :naughty

Hey what's the deal? You're livin' dakine style in FL, going to dentist school and your peeps have a 32 footer? Sweet!! Makes me want to know if you have a seeester!:inlove

Thanks Abri. I'm carving a 64" piece of teak now and am going to put an article together about the trials and fun of working your own wood. :blackeye Stay tuned.

sven

There u go, I did thought that boat on the left of Aquiles's boat on the spearing photo was a Tiara. The sheer lines, oval windows and chubby flare don't lie. How's the ride and what kind of power she got ??

Nice gun sven. What band and shaft config will u use?
How much does it cost to make it?

The titanium hybrid is set up for 3- 9/16" bands with a 9/32 shaft with a Hawaiian flopper. I put it together to be fast.

The current conventional lumber gun under construction is a more open water gun, ala a Riffe Island with wings, that will take 4-5 5/8 bands and a 3/8 shaft.

sven

Originally posted by Iyadiver
There u go, I did thought that boat on the left of Aquiles's boat on the spearing photo was a Tiara. The sheer lines, oval windows and chubby flare don't lie. How's the ride and what kind of power she got ??

She is a 89 tiara with cummins diesels. 250 hp. We bought it gas and did the conversion ourselves. Not bad for two dentists. Me and my pops (not sven) put , or should I say shoehorned the diesels in there and its a real sweet ride. She cruises at 22to 24 knots and rides like a champ. That will be the school bus at the KK so those that are coming will get to have a ride on the 32 or the 17 angler. Hope all is well. Bck to studying.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT