• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Sven's newest guns!!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

icarus pacific

Human-in-training
Nov 7, 2001
Just when you thought it was safe to go thinking you had dakine tools for stainless steel subterfuge... I present my two latest acquisitions... :cool:

This first one is a genuine 60" Alexander. Open track, 3/8 shaft, 5/8" bands, Alexander guts, ballasted and winged. 17 pounds of hand rubbed teak and coca bola love. If it looks familiar, it's because it's cousin is pictured in Terry Maas's Blue Water Hunters

Pure, hard core, unapologetic old school launcher.

Who da man?:king

Last edited:
otra mas

a look at the pretty stuff. Don't worry, it's all going to get cable and crimps and riffe Bungie release'd.

mmm. wood.:inlove

PSS- the tile and groutlines aren't mine. Believe me.

Last edited:
and yet another!

Man o man o man!

Fresh from these 9 digits, an Anderson.

54", open track 5/16" or 3/8" shafted, Alexander guts, laminated teak and check this out...

The center lamination is Purple Heart!! Awww yeah! :king

Tung oiled :t to a pearly sheen and weighing in at a ballasted and svelte 12 lbs, this gun is narrower in profile than the usual Riffes, Yakoojis and Wongs, though both Darin and der Dr. Wong are now also producing a line of slimmer teak guns, showing all those euro gun :girlie toting wannabees the true meaning of balanced and burly love in your hands. This thing swings faster than a six foot, blonde vitamin sales rep!

And as it's from the paws of the Sultan, need you wonder if it's smooth? ;)

Last edited:
somebody hand me a towel!

the stubby end. The ladies, they love the stubby. :inlove

Last edited:
rofl

I feel like I'm caught in the middle of a "Barry and Lavone" skit.... "now you know what time it is...time to dip our butts in the puddin. Awwwwwww Yeeeaaaahhhhh".

Question (yeah, that's right):
Photo 4 - That metal piece used to wrap the line over the spear. It looks considerably different than on my Riffe. Is that a standard Alexander piece of hardware, or a custom job? It seems high. Does the line jump over it (no probs) when the gun is fired?

Ted

oh yeah. saweeet tools. They looks so darn purty. Can they take a hit? I'd be afraid to set em down on anything other than a baby diaper.

puddin' love

That line post just looks a bit taller than the norm, Ted. The macro on the camera let me get kinda close. It's a direct overhead shot. It's a svenski- just 1/8" SS rod left from the pushrod.

And it's made to throw down. I have one gun on the walls that doesn't get used. The others are all non-posers.

Nice couple of tools there Sven. (The grout looks better than the last one :D ) I'm dying with envy. Thanks for sharing Sven. They are A-OK.

Cingene

that second gun looks like a red snapper slapper to me!;)

Hey Rigdvr,

Lost your address, have two kinds of tubing coming your way. PM me the info.

Very nice. You take em out yet? What ever happened to the rollergun?

Brad

the rollergun is an ongoing project of dubious results. It's just something to dick around with while I wait for the sweepstakes to hit.

Originally posted by w3ac
You do have a way with words :D.

Sure, so long as you have a Scandinavian-Hybrid-Transplant Dictionary on hand :hmm.

wha'd he say??

why be content with the status quo? ;)
I mean if I wanted to appear more mundane yet continental I'd break into Wisconson-speak. eeyup nuff.

How do you get that purple laminate. Is that a special wood dye?

What are the dimensions top to bottom on the "slim" gun?

What are you comparing it to when you say it tracks fast, the QEII hehehehe!!!!!

Look like good pieces of kit. I will ask you to lend it if my Totem Tahiti doesn't stand up to the bluefin tuna.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT