• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

swansea

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

jimy286

OWSI
Oct 12, 2006
Was planning a trip up to swansea at some point

Any spearoes rond that parts keen for a fish. Or anyone know anywere good?

Dont want to tread on toes or piss on your chips....but this time of year you will be really lucky to get any decent vis around here. Been struggling in West Wales since August this year!

If you do bring your gear...there is lots of potential around the Gower have a look on multimap. There used to be some gower spearos on here but not seen any activity from them in a while...

maybe this will lure them out...

Spearing wise...nothing doing around swansea bay (uni) area but gower is only a just down the road.

Swansea is ok everything you need...pubs, clubs shops etc but if you surf, spear, fish (rod and line) etc the gower has lots to offer...... some fantastic beaches......but a bit murky this time of year!

Unless we have a very calm spell i.e. a good week+ of dead calm and i mean no wind, rain or swell, i would almost certainly say your chances of seeing anything at this time of year are very very slim

Let me know when your coming and i'll advise if you dont get one of the Gower boys to help you out first...... im 54 miles miles away in cardiff so im not exactly able to give a vis report. Just dont get your hopes up!

jimy if u need someone go out with give me a shout gota 2.7m inflatable which i can take anywhere!

I don't spearfish but I snorkel the area a lot.

Ben is right, you'll be very lucky to get viz at this time of year. We are in one huge Estuary (Bristol Channel) and have smaller ones either side so silt is always a problem, even in summer. He's also right that you're going to have to go to Gower, (or just past Mumbles at Limeslade at least).

I've just moved into a flat on Gower (Caswell) with this view http://www.homefromhome.com/mumbles/Mumbles%20Images/306caswell2.gif :) so I can give you viz reports, but I haven't got a landline there until 24th Oct, so have to wait untill I'm somewhere with internet to post.

If there is viz by some miracle, I'll be happy to show you some spots - though I look for general wildlife spotting rather than spearfishing so might not know the best spots for you.

Well - we've got a flat calm spell that's forecast to hold until the weekend. Caswell looked like a millpond this morning, though I didn't have time to go right to the waters edge to check the viz.

If this holds there might actually be some reasonable viz this saturday.

I've got my son this weekend so would be tricky to get in, but maybe possible.

Well it looked pretty clear at high tide Saturday evening from my flat so I decided to give it a try at low tide yesterday as it was still flat calm.

Walekd down to the waters edge, but it looked a bit dodgy, so I left my kit on the beach and swam out 200m or so - but still couldn't see my feet.

Swam back in and went for a cuppa........

Going to have to head west for a winter dive at some point.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT