• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Tahiti 120 for the curious

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Baur

Spearomania Desperata
Apr 10, 2004
For those interested in getting their hands on a totemsub tahiti I include these fotos.:) Notice the line original line release mech.

Attachments

• p424001handle.jpg
    p424001handle.jpg
    329 KB · Views: 432
Yes its pretty beyond belief. Very simple design. Shaneshac has already commented on power and accuracy so I will add that I have never used a gun this silent before even when tracking in strong current. Everything from 90 cm upwards for me is totemsub from now on.

It comes with 6.5 as standard with devoto shaft. I asked for 7mm for the penetration but still have not seen the guns limits. Aspettos have never been better. If you see it you shoot it as soon as it turns side. 5-6 meter shots (with practice) are standard for the tahiti.

yeah i am thinking of getting 130cm one later, with 6.5mm shaft.;)

if you are getting a 130, I suggest you get a 7mm shast, especially if you have 2 rubbers

Totemsub can make custom gun to 130 if you need it. Personally the 120 is my limit because I am not that tall and cannot reach the bands if its bigger. Still tahiti is quite unbelievable at 120. 130 I think if you are after tunas or big AJ exclusively.

the reason that i think about 130cm gun and 6.5mm shaft is that,

with longer 6.5mm shaft you can get the range and penetration of one size shorter 7mm shaft but 6.5mm with 130cm band strech shaft will fly more flat (better accuracy) and further than one size shorter 7mm shaft.

But before all of this talk i had to do many diving, practice skill and looking on more versatile guns. I am thinking of getting pelagos 110-120 first and become "expert" on aspetto, after i can reach that skill i can buy 130cm tahiti for easy reaching without waiting much on the bottom, but for my selfconfidence i preffer to upgrading my skill rather than upgrading equipment.

Well said Murat. The Tahiti is not a versatile gun. Only Aspetto or "dropping" with relatively good vis necessary. Pelagos has more applications. However I was never a "quantity" spearo. My average is 5 - 6 fish per session. I only fish with aspetto where the fish are nervous and keep distance (unless something really good crawls under a rock) so the tahiti suits my style.

My opinion is that when you use explosive bands (double or really hard 18mm or 20mm) the 7mm is the way to go. I used 100cm Apache Carbon for aspettos with sucess for about 5 years. I put G20 Cressis on it and although impressed by the power was missing everything. Put a 7mm Demka shaft and was back in business.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT