• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Tahitian Recipe (poisson Cru)!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Freediver81

The Arabian Stallion
Feb 5, 2004
This is a great recipe of a dish that I used to eat regularly in Tahiti!

A Polynesian Recipe
Poisson Cru ( tahitian marinated fresh fish):
A refreshing salad composed of fresh fish cut in bite sized cubes and raw vegetables marinated in lime juice and coconut cream,( for 4 persons ):

1 kg. fresh tuna (preferably white tuna- yes there is such a thing)

2 carrots

2 tomatoes

8 limes

3 small green onions

1 clove garlic

1 small cucumber, the pressed cream of one grated coconut.

Cut the tuna in cubes and rinse with salted water. Let fish soak in the salted water in the refrigerator with the clove of garlic crushed, for a half hour. Grate coarsely or chop the vegetables. Drain the fish, then cover with the juice of the limes, allowing the fish to 'cook' for about five minutes in the lime juice. Drain and discard the lime juice. Add the vegetables and the coconut cream to the fish. Add salt and pepper to taste. mix well, and serve chilled. Bon appetit !

Last edited:
mishu1984 said:
its basically ceviche?

Looks like it to me, though the idea of adding coconut milk is intriguing. However, the idea that 1kg of tuna feeds 4 is absurd. Shoot, I can eat the whole recipe alone . . . come summer and hot weather, that is!

tuna cooked by lime/lemon with coconut milk + summer and hot weather, hmm that calls for a White Russian...god i love booze!! :friday

The tahitians usually eat it with a hot baguette thats why 1kg is for 4 ;)

Last edited:
That is a typical polynesian recipe for marinated fish , yes it is like ceviche but the addition of the coconut cream mellows it out.
I usually use the tinned coconut milk.
This also works well with whitefish.
I like to cut the cucumber into dice to give some texture to the salad.

I"m trying to find out what "Ceviche" is. Is it raw fish marinated in Lime\lemon juice? Does anyone have a recipee? it would be appreciated, thanks.

OMMENTS:

This ceviche is much like a salsa. Take care not to use too much fish relative to the other ingredients, or it will change the character of the recipe. Although it tastes great with any and all fish I've used, yellowtail made this way is as good as it gets.

RECIPE:

About 2 cups fish cut into 1/2 inch cubes
limes or lime juice
7 tomatoes, cut in half with pulp squeezed out, then diced.
half bunch cilantro, finely chopped
jalapeno or serrano pepper, very finely chopped

Marinate fish in lime juice for 4-5 hours.
Drain off excess lime juice and rinse with water (if you like a strong lime flavor, don't rinse).
Dry fish (if rinsed) and add other ingredients.
Eat with tortilla chips or on tostada shells.

Reactions: sinkweight
Thought maybe the newcomers would like to see this recipe! I'm planning to have it for Ramadan iftar today.

Said

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT